EPSON PRINTER WILL NOT TURN ON. PROBLEM NOW SORTED

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
I have an Epson Stylus Pro 3880. It was working fine this afternoon. Now it won’t turn on. The light comes on so power connection ok but then continues to “whir” and never fully ready. Similarly when I try to turn it off it takes for ever. Any thoughts appreciated. 7308A177-D589-4D5D-9296-427318FBC3C1.jpeg

Is there anything in its print queue?

Last edited:
Printers are weird things.
Have you unplugged it at the mains socket and left it for a little while.
When plugged back in hold the power switch down for about 10 seconds.
That worked on a smaller Epson Stylus I had when it messed about

Weird indeed. Just popped back to printer and it’s now ready to print! Only thing I can think of is that after reply from g4aww I went into print dialogue. It showed print job error. I clicked on “clear”. Nothing happened straightaway but now resolved. Hopefully won’t recur

(y)

You just can't trust 'em.

I like Epson printers but sometimes they p me off a bit. If I haven't used my R3000 A3+ printer for a while, I have to switch it on then make a cup of tea while it uses, what seems to be, a hundred litres of ink to clean itself out and start up, which can take up to ten minutes.

FWIW and perhaps your future reference

I found this one section

"The printer does not turn on or stay on

When the
fon3_80.gif
Power light does not come on and mechanism initialization does not start even when the
fon3_80.gif
Power button is pressed to turn on the printer, try the following:

• Turn off the printer and make sure the power cord is securely plugged into the printer.
  • Make sure your outlet works and is not controlled by a wall switch or timer.
  • Make sure the supplied voltage to the printer matches the rating voltage labeled on the printer. If not, turn off the printer and unplug the power cord immediately. Contact your dealer for assistance. See Where To Get Help.

mark_ca.gif

Here

Back