Euro 2024

Wow ! England so passive and lacking in confidence against Slovakia, well against everyone so far. For goodness sake take the' handbrake ' off, Give 100% effort to win the match and if you lose, so be it.

Once again Southgate leaves substitutes to the end. He/they just got lucky with that corner. Not saying Bellingham got lucky,it was skilful....but...
I think Switzerland will knock them out. They're in great form with Granit Xhaka man of the tournament, so far... I think.

I wonder if Arteta regrets selling him ? By all accounts Xhaka wanted to leave,though. He's done well since joining Bayer Leverkusen.... winning a league and cup double.

Once again Southgate leaves substitutes to the end. He/they just got lucky with that corner. Not saying Bellingham got lucky,it was skilful....but...
I think Switzerland will knock them out. They're in great form with Granit Xhaka man of the tournament, so far... I think.

I wonder if Arteta regrets selling him ? By all accounts Xhaka wanted to leave,though. He's done well since joining Bayer Leverkusen.... winning a league and cup double.
Xhaka wanted to leave the previous season but Arteta did a deal where he signs a new contract and then he could go the following year (last year). Xhaka's wife is German and she wanted to bring up their children in the German education system. He got his move, Arsenal got a bit more money for him, a typical gentlemens agreement from the club. It also allowed Arsenal to raise the money for his replacement (Declan Rice).

As for England, they look lost and lacking in confidence. Until the goal Bellingham showed very little of the hype, but big players turn up in big games. From an observers point of view, there seems to be very little movement up front which is causing the midfield to move the ball sideways. There will be some changes for the next game due to the yellow cards picked up yesterday.

Southgate is an utter disgrace. No changes at HT despite ANOTHER woeful performance. How Foden is in the team still is beyond me! So passive and lacking in confidence throughout.

What was the point in Toney sub at 94 mins when losing 1-0? No sense whatsoever! He was lucky Bellingham is world class and got us to ET.

We have done as well as we have in recent years DESPITE Southgate - had we had anyone half decent then we would have won something by now. Far too negative and too loyal to players playing badly.

Back