weekly Flyphots 52 for 2021: Week 52 'Showcase'

Week 43 - 'Halloween' + Tech 'Free Lensing'

This is an image of a cardboard cut out skeleton we have at home, it has luminous paint on it in various places and this image was made in a darkened room under a UV light, which made the luminous paint shine out a bit. I've also (finally) managed to get the Free Lensing tech cracked with this one, it just seemed to fit the image.

Yep - works a treat (or trick lol)

Creepy. Would make a great album cover!

Really like Irregular. Reminds me of a two-face project I did. Three self portraits, the first was me, the second was the same portrait cut in half with the left side of my face flipped and re-attached in PS. The third was the right side of my face. All were quite different, and proved that our faces are quite irregular! That said, it's a lovely pet portrait. Crisp & clean.

Creepy. Would make a great album cover!

Really like Irregular. Reminds me of a two-face project I did. Three self portraits, the first was me, the second was the same portrait cut in half with the left side of my face flipped and re-attached in PS. The third was the right side of my face. All were quite different, and proved that our faces are quite irregular! That said, it's a lovely pet portrait. Crisp & clean.

Thanks Ian, much appreciated. It's funny, I don't like seeing pictures of myself taken as a 'selfie' as the phone mirrors the image and we do indeed look different, and are most certainly not symmetrical .

Week 44 Underneath the lid + tech 'Composite'

Well, it was all I could think of with my limited time this week and getting the tech in early.

Made me smile.

I think it would be nice to have tried it with water and some movement so it looks like the (your?) head was being flushed away. But I think that might be beyond my PP skills.

Halloween - I missed that, but it's a really nice shot. The free-lensing does give it a more ethereal feeling.

Last edited:
Made me smile.

I think it would be nice to have tried it with water and some movement so it looks like the (your?) head was being flushed away. But I think that might be beyond my PP skills.

Halloween - I missed that, but it's a really nice shot. The free-lensing does give it a more ethereal feeling.

Cheers. I did think about swirling water but, as with you that's more than my skill with software goes to be honest, but I gave it a go just to see what it would come out like, here it is ...\

Last edited:
LOL very clever Jim :)

Week 45 Snapper's Choice

A juvenile Buzzard in the field behind my house (being very noisy!)

Lovely looking budgie Jim and well shot!

I like the buzzard, one of my favourite birds and a bit of a spirit animal for me -- a loner always getting picked on by seagulls!

Week 46 - Back 0n the Buoy

Last edited:
just to add, and to keep in the spirit, this location is at the 'back (of)' the beach, which is the back beach at Exmouth. :) (y)

I can see you have made the most of the sky although I feel the body pf the picture could be a little brighter, of course it could be my old, dim eyes :)

I can see you have made the most of the sky although I feel the body pf the picture could be a little brighter, of course it could be my old, dim eyes :)

Thanks, I exposed for the brightest part, which is the transom of the boat, and planned to have the hull falling into shadow as I felt it reflected the time of day better. I know it looks a it darker on one of my screens, and brighter on my wife's screen so it could be down to differences there I suppose.

... I exposed for the brightest part, which is the transom of the boat,....
Ah that would be the back of the boat.... :clap: You've managed not to blow the highlights although it does also look a tad dark on my screen, but there again I do keep my brightness low.

Lots of backs in there, but I confess I didn't immediately spot it. The colourful buoy with the bright reflection makes a nice focal point.

Ah that would be the back of the boat.... :clap: You've managed not to blow the highlights although it does also look a tad dark on my screen, but there again I do keep my brightness low.

Lots of backs in there, but I confess I didn't immediately spot it. The colourful buoy with the bright reflection makes a nice focal point.

That boat isn’t going far in that water, lovely picture and colours.

Thank you both

The light on the Buzzard is nice, I like how it picks it out against the dark area of the frame. I like the tones in the boat shot, late autumn light, both warm and cold.

The light on the Buzzard is nice, I like how it picks it out against the dark area of the frame. I like the tones in the boat shot, late autumn light, both warm and cold.

Thanks Nick, much appreciated

A nice capture... the exposure shouts low winter sun at me - its that time of year.

Back