Fuji x100

Thanks David. I didn't really think much to any of these images until I tried them in B&W. It's amazing how B&W really helps sometimes.

I've noticed the new forum look doesn't seem to render images as well as the old forum. They kind of look a bit low res. Maybe it's just me?!

Cheers Lee.

Btw, it's Wild Garlic you can see in some of those pics. The smell was incredible. If you don't like garlic it was probably the worst kind of walk you could go on!

Last edited:
Some lovely images here folks. I have an X Pro 1 but still have a yearning for an X100. For some reason it just feels like its a camera I should have.

Can't quite afford an S, so wondering the disadvantages of the original X100.

Some lovely images here folks. I have an X Pro 1 but still have a yearning for an X100. For some reason it just feels like its a camera I should have.

I have the original, my buddy has the S. I don't feel disadvantaged in any way.
The latest firmware has meant that autofocus performance, once the weak point is on a par with the S.
I also have the new sensor in my X-T1, can't say that it's changed my life. Happily live with either one.
If I was buying new I guess I'd always go for the current model, but there is no compelling reason for me to upgrade (even if I didn't own the X-T1)

My friend bought the 50mm lens for it last week from camera world, he loves it. He had to update firmware and choose telephoto in menu when attached.i didnt know it was out.

Some recent shots from inside the 900 year old Church Of St. Petrock, Devon. Hope you like
smile.png

900 Years Old by Dave Kiddle, on Flickr

St. Petrock's by Dave Kiddle, on Flickr

The Chancel by Dave Kiddle, on Flickr

I've an x pro1 and just bought a 2nd hand x100 off fleabay after trying one that belongs to a guy i met on a shoot along southend seafront i loved it:)

Apparently the X-Trans sensor spits out 'different' images to the X100, it doesnt have the AA filter so technically its supposed to be sharper and be a better sensor but ive heard mixed reviews about that. I used an XM-1 briefly (which has the same X-Trans sensor I believe) and I certainly didnt think it was better at all, in fact quite the opposite but I wasnt using the same lens as the X100, etc.
The only advantages over the X100 I can see are that its faster (faster AF and in general use), it has a higher resolution and its better for manual focusing apparently, although im not sure which you would manual focus on it.

Also for what its worth, I sold my X100 a while ago and im still looking for a camera which is as fun, portable and takes such great images. Im yet to find one!

Last edited:
I am keeping my original Fuji X100 for the forseable future eventhough it has a new stablemate :)
The photo's that come out of the X100 are just epic... and its a very special camera imo.

14357509613_666e50773f.jpg

I was extremely lucky enough to get the Limited Edition collectors storage box from Fuji UK (specially imported) along with the press/retailers photobook :)

8351009616_1fb3a3f504.jpg

8351008932_5a59351ec4.jpg

8351007814_2478d61a44.jpg

8349946905_daf656fbce.jpg

8351010898_f9153913d5.jpg

8349948317_dda2e8ec83.jpg

A quick heads up - the teleconverter is back in stock at WEX. Mine should be arriving tomorrow :)

Hi all, my brother is now using my old x100. he brought it round this weekend so i can show him some tips and it appears to be stuck on contiunuous af. pressing the af button and turning the control wheel has no effect - any ideas?

It appears to be stuck on contiunuous af. pressing the af button and turning the control wheel has no effect - any ideas?

Hi Phil, Not sure if I'm reading your query correctly, but have you checked the slider selection switch MF/AF-C/AF-S on the side to make sure it's in the position you want?

Hope this helps.,

George.

Hi Phil, Not sure if I'm reading your query correctly, but have you checked the slider selection switch MF/AF-C/AF-S on the side to make sure it's in the position you want?

Hope this helps.,

George.
Ummm. No i didn't actually! I gave the camera to my brother about a year ago and forgot about that switch! What is the purpose of the AF button to the left of the screen?

Cheers all, im off to see my brother tomorrow and will have another play.

i just forgot about the af switch and thought you changed the mode with the af button and the control wheel....

Quick question for x100s users - using aperture priority I set aperture at f5.6 on copy stand and using cable release (with flash set to external but no external flash connected) the shutter speed was 1/34th sec - same with various apertures - 1/34th was the slowest speed I could get , what I wanted was 1 sec or thereabouts? Changing the flsh to supressed ie no flash the shutter speed went much lower (correctly) . Anyone explain why with flash set to external and no flash connected it did not find the correct exposure ? Does it not detect lack of flash attached ?

love that limited edition box!!!
Me too, it was imported for me by Fuji UK's head of digital camera's :cool::D as they were only sold as full kits in Europe. Also got the retailers photo book too.
It is a lovely hand crafted wooden box and keeps my Fuji X100 dust free along with other bits.
Fuji has been by far the best company I have ever had the pleasure of spending my money with, customer service has been way beyound my expectations.

Now that I have the Sony A7 I am begining to question if I need the X100 :eek::(, I was one of the first customers to get it in the UK back in 2011 and the entire collection is mint.
Should I sell or keep it..... o_O

Just bought one of these bad boys. Looking forward to getting out and testing it.

woohoo....late to the party but hey...

Just ordered my X100s in black. Will be reading through this thread in more detail for the tips etc

I have ordered the below
Lens hood - JJC black
B&W filter
Lens cap
Soft release
Spare battery (would 1 be enough?)

I would like a half case, just not sure what tto get. i quite like the look of this one https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/191...to=GB&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

But these straps look great too...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-MATIN...059a805&clk_rvr_id=682124193186#ht_5742wt_936

Any other recomendaitons re a half case....nothing too expnsive like Gariz though...

Hi Greg, Congrats on ordering a X100s I'm sure you'll love it they are very, very good indeed.

I obviously have no idea of the amount of shots you normally take when shooting but from personal experience you might want to consider getting more than one spare battery. They can be a bit heavy on batteries and like all the Fuji X cameras once the battery display is down to two bars etc you really don't have much juice left.

Hope this helps., "Enjoy"

George.

Hi Greg, Congrats on ordering a X100s I'm sure you'll love it they are very, very good indeed.

I obviously have no idea of the amount of shots you normally take when shooting but from personal experience you might want to consider getting more than one spare battery. They can be a bit heavy on batteries and like all the Fuji X cameras once the battery display is down to two bars etc you really don't have much juice left.

Hope this helps., "Enjoy"

George.

I have noticed that too with both my XF1 and X10 both Cameras show three bars for ages, but as soon as it's at two bars red battery power meter starts to flash. The Camera soon dies due to no power, as I said this happens to both my XF1 and X10. It would have been so much better, if the power indicator was a percentage. 100% and a nice simple count down, like on the iphone and other such phones devices.

I think this is a Fuji thing. I took my X20 out last week, battery showing full, half a dozen shots later, one bar disappeared, then a couple of shots later, dead battery. Good job I had my iPhone with me!
Allan

I think this is a Fuji thing. I took my X20 out last week, battery showing full, half a dozen shots later, one bar disappeared, then a couple of shots later, dead battery. Good job I had my iPhone with me!
Allan

it seems a common probs with fuji, i reckon they may correct it when the x100t comes out

crikey

ordered on Sunday from Panamoz. delivered wednesday at 2pm !! well packaged, all manuals etc wrapped.

Its a thing of beauty...looking forward to using this !!

still struggling to find a case. Looking for something leather that wraps the back (not fully but comes actross the top of the screen.

Looking to pay about £35. Everything i have seen from Jnk or Gariz is about 90 quid...

still struggling to find a case. Looking for something leather that wraps the back (not fully but comes actross the top of the screen.

Looking to pay about £35. Everything i have seen from Jnk or Gariz is about 90 quid...

If it's a half case you are after it sounds like the Zhou case would fit the bill. @technics100 offered one for sale to someone last week, might be worth getting in touch.

If it's a half case you are after it sounds like the Zhou case would fit the bill. @technics100 offered one for sale to someone last week, might be worth getting in touch.

chears barrysprout...have sent him a pm..

There are some lovely cases but at £100 + they are a bit rich for me...

Especially as i have a new bag coming, new strap, new inserts for the bag etc etc etc etc...

Back