Hairy helicopter landing!

took my eye off the ball a bit this morning and found myself skimming past your thread. military.com eh? thankfully the pilots were both on the sunny side of luck.

with the world that we covet watching and waiting to see just what we can do, i wonder how many photographers given their stage to shine, have embarrassingly bombed and tinned a peach of an opportunity!?

took my eye off the ball a bit this morning and found myself skimming past your thread. military.com eh? thankfully the pilots were both on the sunny side of luck.

with the world that we covet watching and waiting to see just what we can do, i wonder how many photographers given their stage to shine, have embarrassingly bombed and tinned a peach of an opportunity!?

How many photographers are pootling about with a $18m bombed up bit of kit, and showing off in insufficient air density?

If you think that posting the video is wrong or schadenfreude, then you ought to read what's being said about it by British Mil pilots.

Lost me :shrug:

Back in the days when I worked on RAF helis, I remember one of the pilots telling me that there's a specific descent rate v forward speed trajectory that heli pilots must avoid. Apparently once in this trajectory, controls become unresponsive and lift is lost. Something like what appeared to happen in this video. Just speculation.

I take it that thats an american apache rather than one of the british contingent....

If you think that posting the video is wrong or schadenfreude, then you ought to read what's being said about it by British Mil pilots.

actually that's my morning's education seen to thank you. schadenfreude; what a marvelous word! nowhere near as brittle as our tenuously equivalent sadist and in fact, spoken through the tones of a calm and deeply resonant male, almost invokes an ironic compassion for those possibly inflicted by such a condition.

How many photographers are pootling about with a $18m bombed up bit of kit, and showing off in insufficient air density?

this really was just an amusing observation after the wave of feeling fiendishly german but relevant all the same. there are some photographers that regularly use toys that on a single outing would sufficiently double-fund a healthy deposit on a small plot of land in the country. it's not eighteen mil granted but considerably more than most would rub together in their palms on a day. my point (perhaps not so clearly articulated) was, that whichever way you look at it, to be given an opportunity to do something that perhaps a large proportion of the population might salivate and drool over (irrespective of whether you're artistically elevated to greatness or you roll your chopper), is still an incredible privilege no?

could we have that again in english - prefferably without the irrelevant usage of extraneous multi-sylable words. (it doesn't make you look intelligent btw, but is merely suggestive of having consumed a thesaurus )

60221654 said:
this really was just an amusing observation after the wave of feeling fiendishly german but relevant all the same. there are some photographers that regularly use toys that on a single outing would sufficiently double-fund a healthy deposit on a small plot of land in the country. it's not eighteen mil granted but considerably more than most would rub together in their palms on a day. my point (perhaps not so clearly articulated) was, that whichever way you look at it, to be given an opportunity to do something that perhaps a large proportion of the population might salivate and drool over (irrespective of whether you're artistically elevated to greatness or you roll your chopper), is still an incredible privilege no?

No. Not when you try to flatten one of your bowser/ammo trogs it isn't.

:|

Have you ever kissed a girl?! :thinking:

60221654 said:
actually that's my morning's education seen to thank you. schadenfreude; what a marvelous word! nowhere near as brittle as our tenuously equivalent sadist and in fact, spoken through the tones of a calm and deeply resonant male, almost invokes an ironic compassion for those possibly inflicted by such a condition.

Might be the hangover but, huh?

This will be the only time that I will listen closely to the word of the day with Vanessa Feltz at 5 in the morning.... :p

Back