Hand luggage and ryanair...

bastic

A star
Name
Lukas
Edit My Images
Yes
Im off to a wedding in some time...I dont plan to take loads of clothes or anything, but I need to take my suit and dSLR (of course;) ) . I dont want to pay £30 for a main luggage to carry just a suit...
So my question is :
Does anyone know if that would be ok with the airline to cary backpack and suit as a cabin luggage ? Has anyone done that before?
thanks.
L.
P.S: I can always ask airline but most likely they will say that I should pay for extra bag...

You could be better off folding up the suit and taking a travel iron?

Wear the suit and pack your other stuff

hehe havent thought about this this way:D

Ive found this on ryan web page about taking wedding dress to a cabin...so it should be same for suit... :

'Each passenger is permitted to take one piece of cabin baggage on board weighing up to 10 kilos and not exceeding the maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm. As long as your wedding dress fits within these dimensions when packed, you can take it into the cabin with you.

We do not have any storage facilities on board to hang items or store items that exceed the above dimensions and therefore if the wedding dress does not fit within the cabin baggage dimensions, it should then be packed appropriately and checked in as part of your checked baggage allowance.

Alternatively, passengers may purchase an extra seat for the carriage of a wedding dress in the cabin. To do this you should make a booking online for 2 seats and then enter the passenger name for the additional wedding dress seat as Miss EXTRA SEAT. Alternatively you can contact our reservations department to do this.'

on ryan air you can get away with quite a lot if you check in online and dont go to the check in desk.
i normally take an overweight cabin bag and a lap top bag with my laptop, charger, headphones, book, etc. So, my advice would be to maybe fold some of your suit up and put it in the laptop bag.

thx Gary...
Maybe I will try to get from someone one of those small bags on wheels..it should hold more stuff then my backpack...

Back