Help please. I have formatted

Name
CAROL
Edit My Images
Yes
my daughters flash drive by mistake, she left it plugged into the back of my pc and I must have formatted it instead of my compact flash card!

is there anyway of getting her data back? I havent even told her it must be me thats done it! I will come clean tomorrow when she has had a nights sleep !

Sandisk Rescue Pro disk may help....if you can obtain one.

Don't panic, it can all be recovered so long as you don't write to it.
There are many programs available to recover from erased or formatted cards, go have a sleep, I'm sure there'll be many answers by the morning, :)

I would imagne Sandisk Rescue Pro will sort you out. If you need a copy PM me and I'll pop one in the post.

Ryan

Sandisk Rescue Pro disk may help....if you can obtain one.

oh now I think i have a rescue disk from some compact flash card it may well be the pro one,

Doubt it can recover anything, Carols formatted it so prob anything left will be corrupt I would think, maybe Im wrong

Now Dave that isnt the reply I was hoping for :LOL::shake: Im in it deep here! you havent met my girl have you :LOL: she may go easy on me its my bday tomorrow

Don't panic, it can all be recovered so long as you don't write to it.
There are many programs available to recover from erased or formatted cards, go have a sleep, I'm sure there'll be many answers by the morning, :)

I think the sleep idea is a good one, I will look for the disk tomorrow! if not I will be on google most of the day

I would imagne Sandisk Rescue Pro will sort you out. If you need a copy PM me and I'll pop one in the post.

Ryan

thats so kind of you thank you, If I dont find mine tomorrow i will be intouch,

May be one of these freeware progs will do it for you, but as mentioned in an earlier post don't write anything else to it until you have recovered the files.

cheers, more positive (y)

http://www.snapfiles.com/Freeware/system/fwdatarecovery.html

Yea should be quite easy to recover it really, I've done it many a time although it does take a reasonably amount of time to scan the drives - depending how big it is. You may end up trying a few different bits of software but one will work.

http://www.piriform.com/recuva - probably one of the best free ones if the sandisk software doesnt help :)

Now Dave that isnt the reply I was hoping for :LOL::shake: Im in it deep here! you havent met my girl have you :LOL: she may go easy on me its my bday tomorrow

oops seems Im wrong, I thought formatted was wiped, I am pleased Im wrong though, so hope it works for you. in fact I have an old HD that has files I thought Id lost, wonder if I can retrieve anything off it

oops seems Im wrong, I thought formatted was wiped, I am pleased Im wrong though, so hope it works for you. in fact I have an old HD that has files I thought Id lost, wonder if I can retrieve anything off it

As far as I know formatting just frees up the space on the drive so it can be over-written.
It doesn't actually delete the file.

The file becomes unrecoverable if it (or part of it) is overwritten by a new file!

If that makes sense. :LOL:

i have just recovered a drive with easy recovery professional got every thing back(y)

Generally a format operation will just wipe the FAT (file allocation table) which is like a map of where stuff is on the drive. Mosts decent recovery tools should get your data back. As has been said earlier - do not write ANY more data to that drive.

Generally a format operation will just wipe the FAT (file allocation table) which is like a map of where stuff is on the drive. Mosts decent recovery tools should get your data back. As has been said earlier - do not write ANY more data to that drive.

this.

as long as you dont write anything to the drive after the format the files "should" still be intact.

Any update on this one?
As others have said, don't worry, it should be recoverable. Just don't write anything else to it.

Any update on this one?
As others have said, don't worry, it should be recoverable. Just don't write anything else to it.

sorry, she hasnt brought the card back as yet! I will certainly update when I have had a go, I have found the scandisk rescue so that will be my first option, then I will work my way through above suggestions.
thanks
cas

Back