Herstmonceux Castle - A Medievil weekend!

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All, I hope you enjoy these:

#1 "Breaking Point"
2830400392_6f54131206_o.jpg

#2 "Untitled"
2830400624_11e188aa37_o.jpg

#3 "Bring it on!"
2829563259_f6714d27e5_o.jpg

#4 "Take it away!"
2829563523_0e3b16e5f3_o.jpg

#5 "Bear Hug"
2830399696_05f0bbb146_o.jpg

Fantastic shots. The splintering really captures the power of the scene.

Out of interest did you expect the lances to break or were you just lucky? I always assumed that a rider would have been knocked clean off of his horse.

Comus

Thanks Comus

The Lances used for this event appeared to have replaceable EZShatter tips. No-one was deliberately felled from their horses. H&S gone mad perhaps? Either way it was interesting to photograph. (y)

I think not. It is by nature a dangerous event.

Should Motorcross riders go slower so they don't leave the ground over jumps or all stunt men be replaced with CGI?

Some things can be made too soft and cuddly - this event however was great fun to watch and to photograph.

Lances break all the time. People get injured. People die :(

And to think, us re-enactors do it because of some bizarre idea that we are having fun :) (n.b. I don't ride horses)

Back on topic - great shots, especially the lances; I am not sure how medieval a huggy bear is - they were much more likely to eat you than hug you back then :) - but then heresmysocks is not really a re-enactment as such, it is much more an "extract money from tourists" exercise by the organisers.

B.

Thanks for the comments Ben.

Its was a fun event to be at, I attend the Tewkesbury Medievil festival quite often which is also quite fun :)

Back