Inside Aberthaw Power Station 11-20

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
I managed to secure access to the inside of Aberthaw Power Station. Now she's all switched off and the process of changing the space from coal powered to greener cleaner energy has started. I know someone who acted as a fixer and was able to help me get access on a guided tour of the space. CCR Energy now own the site and were extremely helpful in the production of helping me with this ongoing project. As well as the images taken from the outside looking in, as well as these, the project will finish with photographing the staff past and present with listening and retelling their stories, taking their portrait and also using their historic images also.

All images are with the K1ii and the D FA 24-70mm

Aberthaw Power Station by Gareth Williams, on Flickr

A nice set of images reminds me of another chap who did a similar project on Dungeness Power Station, name escapes me and this was a number of years ago.

Another book in the making?

Oo, I'll have to Google him.

This is a sleeper project in the fact I've shot a lot of the outside looking in, and only now have I been granted permission to come on site and shoot it. They've had a really positive response online in local community groups and I've started the ball rolling with acquiring historic images of the power station and the staff who called it home. Got a few meets booked for ex staff to photograph them also and retell their memories. All gearing up hopefully to some sort of publication

His names Nigel Green and he did a book called Dungeness.

He did publish a book as well but where it is still around I don't know.

He does have a website but not sure about posting a link.

Back