Is the x pro 2 over priced?

My mates bringing me the XT2 tomorrow,the one with the oil like mark vaguely seen past F11.
He has XT5 so says I can have it.He's OCD looking after his gear so apart from the spot it will be like new.
Must say I’ve got generous friends,that’s the X100V ( another OCD owner) and now XT2 both FOC:giggle:
I love my xt2, I just prefer the shape of the xpro and the optical viewfinder but it’s still great. The shooting mode dial under the iso dial turns a little easily on mine though

I love my xt2, I just prefer the shape of the xpro and the optical viewfinder but it’s still great. The shooting mode dial under the iso dial turns a little easily on mine though
I always loved the Xpro series,I remember walking into the NEC photography show and 1st thing that happened I got an Xpro 2 camera shoved into my hand by a gorgeous looking Fuji rep ,just been released .it felt great.spring 2016,show was 19th-22nd.2weeks earlier it first went on sale.

Last edited:
I always loved the Xpro series,I remember walking into the NEC photography show and 1st thing that happened I got an Xpro 2 camera shoved into my hand by a gorgeous looking Fuji rep ,just been released .it felt great.spring 2016,show was 19th-22nd.2weeks earlier it first went on sale.
Yes, I took my new X-Pro2 to the stand and got a free strap!

Buy properly. Buy once :)
Yea. Have to decide if I prioritise a non tilt but always visible screen or a tilt screen for waist shooting. Part of the reason I bought the 23mm is because it’s a 35mm equivalent which cropped to a square is the same as an 80mm on 6x6 film. My favourite film camera other than my old Leica was a 6x6 TLR I had with an 80mm.

Just looked back at some of my old x pro 1 files, have to get it again. It does have something the newer ones don’t

From earlier in thread

Yes the X-Pro1 is slower but it renders so beautifully - the original X-Trans sensor was quite special, later ones IMO are definitely more ‘digital’ - nothing wrong with that, but the point of the X-Pro1 in 2024 is the image rendering,

I sit here smugly thinking "I told you so" .............................. :ROFLMAO:

Ta. Xpro 3 is looking more likely! :( lol. Just not sure about that screen, I’d have to try it out
FWIW I usually use my X-H2S with the screen folder against the body, the EVF is better than looking at the screen anyway. Unless of course you are planning on mainly using the OVF on the X-Pro3...

FWIW I usually use my X-H2S with the screen folder against the body, the EVF is better than looking at the screen anyway. Unless of course you are planning on mainly using the OVF on the X-Pro3...
It’s only because I like shooting at the waist too. It’s nice not to have to duck down. I’m 6”2 so if I don’t kneel or use the waist level sometimes every photo I take of people is pointing down the entire time!

Back