*****Join the TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League(s) 24/25*****

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello everyone, it is that time of the year again, this years Fantasy Football League game has just become active, and so I am starting a TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League for the 24/25 season for any members here who is interested.

There are two leagues, the Standard fantasy football league, and the Head 2 Head league. You can choose to join one or both. :)

The standard league is where your team accumulates points each week, and the person with the most points wins at the end of the season. If you have not played before, and have any questions, please ask.

The Head 2 Head league pits two teams in the TalkPhotography Head 2 Head league against each other each week, and the total gained points for that week are Head 2 Head with the person you are drawn with. Points are gained from the encounter, as you either win, lose or draw, and are added up over the season to give a winner at the end. Imho, it adds a little more interest each week, as no matter where you are in the standard league, you only have to get more points that your H2H opponent to get points.

The Head 2 Head will automatically close for entries after the deadline for the first game, which is Fri 16th Aug @18:30.

Note that is a Friday for the first game of the season, Man Utd v Fulham.

I shall close entries
to the standard fantasy football league game at the deadline for the 2nd gameweek, which is Sat 24th Aug @11:00. This is to give a chance to those who may not realise the season started the extra week to join. The reason for not keeping the standard league open for the whole season, is to stop people joining later, who may come in automatically leading the league, and upsetting existing league members. There will be over a month to join from the posting of this thread. But I advise anyone to join early, rather than take the chance of forgetting to join later on. ;)

Because these are TalkPhotography leagues, people joining need to be members here, and I ask anyone who joins to post in this thread to say they have joined, and what username and team name they will be using, as their username their and here may be different.

If you don't post, and I can't verify that you are a member of TalkPhotography, I shall remove people from the league(s). There are thousands of FF leagues to join, and this one is only for TalkPhotography members.

Any questions, please ask. :)

Joining the league couldn't be easier. Simply use the link(s) below, and you'll be added automatically after you signed in, or created an account, and you will have joined the league(s).

TalkPhotography standard FF League

TalkPhotography FF Head2Head League

Please note again, you will not be allowed to join the Head 2 Head league after the first game deadline.

There is also the Fantasy Challenge game which was started towards the end of the last season. I will post separately about that, as it is an addition to the two main games, the standard and Head 2 Head, and works in a totally different way.

I threw a team together last night in order to register early. I've just been reviewing it against the players with the highest ownerships on FPL and I seem to be there or thereabouts. Just a bit of tinkering around the edges needed. No Haaland for me so I will be watching the results from behind the settee.

I threw a team together last night in order to register early. I've just been reviewing it against the players with the highest ownerships on FPL and I seem to be there or thereabouts. Just a bit of tinkering around the edges needed. No Haaland for me so I will be watching the results from behind the settee.
And your team name is? ;)

Haaland for £15m :eek: will probably affect a lot of chosen squads. Watkins for £9m looks a bargain, especially when he got more points than Haaland last season. Haaland may not get injured this time, and may justify that price difference. ;)

There have been changes to the way the Fantasy Football works this season, and though I have posted the main points below, it may be easier to read on the Fantasy Football site here.
There are new features in 2024/25 Fantasy Premier League that will change your strategies and make this a season like no other.

Read all about it here and get insight from The Scout into how each change will affect FPL managers and provide new opportunities.

Create your squad NOW

If you're new to Fantasy and need a guide on the basics, click here for everything you need to know.

FIVE free transfers​

Up until now, you've only been able to bank two free transfers. Well, if you want to be patient and plan ahead, you can now accumulate up to FIVE free transfers.

On top of that, when you play the Wildcard and Free Hit chips, your saved transfers will no longer reset to zero.

So you can now save five free transfers, then play any of your chips and immediately have five free transfers to use in the following Gameweek.

You've always been able to keep two free transfers when playing the Bench Boost and Triple Captain chips, so there's no real change there - except that you can now bank the extra three free transfers as well!

Mystery Chip​

There’s a new chip this season called the “Mystery Chip”.

What will it do? You'll have to wait and see!

All will be revealed ahead of January 2025, so that you can plan ahead before the chip becomes playable in January.

Changes to points-scoring​

The points for each goal scored by a goalkeeper is being increased this season from six to 10.

There are also changes being made to the Bonus Points System (BPS).

See: How the Bonus Points System works

Firstly, saving a penalty will be reduced from 15 to 9BPS.

There are also new additions to the BPS, so players will be rewarded or penalised for more different actions.

- Goalkeepers and defenders conceding a goal will be worth -4BPS.
- A goal line clearance will be worth 3BPS.
- A foul won will be worth 1BPS.
- A shot on target will be worth 2BPS.

Changes to Blank and Double Gameweeks​

The schedule for FA Cup ties will be different this season, resulting in fewer clashes with Premier League fixtures.

That is set to mean fewer, and smaller, Blank and Double Gameweeks.

Will FPL managers need to rethink their chip strategies? See what The Scout has to say.

I know you know, but in case any newcomers don't - you can simply hit auto fill for a team, and have unlimited transfers till kick off

I squeezed Haaly in, but that might well change, it's tough

I'm leaning towards no Haaland or Salah to start with. The team is so much better balanced without having to scratch round for £5m midfielders. That could change though as pre season progresses. That new Villa player is looking good so far.

I'm leaning towards no Haaland or Salah to start with. The team is so much better balanced without having to scratch round for £5m midfielders. That could change though as pre season progresses. That new Villa player is looking good so far.
I've gone down the same route. Changing from a Haaland injury could cripple a squad for weeks trying to compensate without the Wildcards, especially trying to get him back in when he was fit again.

I'm not sure how Liverpool are going to be this season, and Salah is on the decline (slightly so far), and the new manager may not use him, or build the team around him in the same way Klopp did. Time will tell.

I think, because of the Euros, transfers may start to heat up a bit later after the start of this season, and teams could change dramatically right up to the transfer deadline on 30th August.

Glad I'm playing with virtual money. £50m on an 18 year old seems like madness to me. :eek: Could turn out to be a bargain years down the line when he goes to Real Madrid in a few years. ;)

The new system of being able to roll up to 5 transfers should negate the risk of changing injured players for those who are able to sit on their hands and not usethe ft every week. Initially use FFS to build a team and get an idea of predicted points over the first five weeks. Tweaking and changing players to achieve the highest predicted score. No Haaland is better so far.

True, I see there was a bump in players opting for him after he scored vs Celtic, but it was Celtic, hardly Madrid! They also lost the match
Same as always :rolleyes: Nobody doubts his goalscoring talents. It is a decision based primarily based on his cost against predicted points. If Walker had scored the same people would be bringing him in.

I’m in again, Biggin Bangers.

We are provisionally up to nine so far. :)

I say provisionally, as some have not posted here they have joined. :rolleyes: I will say again, if you don't post here to say that you have joined, and the name of your team, you take the risk of not being part of the league. :( :rolleyes:

For anyone who would like to join the standard FF league, and/or the Head 2 Head league, the links are in the first post of this thread. The leagues are only open to members of TalkPhotography.

And don't forget to post that you have joined, and the name of your team. ;) :LOL:

I've joined in.... The Fiend + Fiendishly Bad

I'll admit I'm not very good at it!!!

Last edited:
I've just been looking at the Fantasy Football site, and read a bit more about the Fantasy Challenge competition, which was introduced towards the end of last season. For those that did not see it last season, the fantasy challenge competition comes up with different criteria each week. The first challenge of this season is a five a side team with unlimited budget, but they have all mad combinations of number of players, players from certain teams, different budgets, or unlimited budgets etc.

Anyway, I have set up a TP league for anyone who wants to join that from here. Usual TP FF rules apply, you must be a member here to join, and if you only join that league, post to say who your team is. If you have already said who your team is for the standard FF league or Head2Head league, no need to post your team name again.

Last season I was in and out of the challenge game, and didn't do every week, and can't say I will do every week this season, because it is a bit more work each week, choosing most times almost totally different players for whatever challenge was that week. That just means anyone who joins this league, may have more chance of at least finishing above me. And the odds of that would already be good. ;) :LOL:

Here is the link to join the TalkPhotography FC League. https://fplchallenge.premierleague.com/leagues/auto-join/gtr35n

Code to join this league: gtr35n

A little bump to try and catch the attention of anyone who may be interested in joining this season's TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League before it all kicks off. ;)

i'm in again, you never know,maybe I'll finish above bottom even without Haaland again.

I think we are up 13 atm, which is only two off what we got last season. :) Be nice get close to 20. We still have time for people join. ;)

Back