*****Join the TalkPhotography Fantasy Football League(s) 24/25*****

I'm leaning towards no Haaland or Salah to start with. The team is so much better balanced without having to scratch round for £5m midfielders. That could change though as pre season progresses. That new Villa player is looking good so far.
I tried that last season and ended up having getting a really bad start..... when the second wildcard became available I totally rebuilt the squad, brought Haaland in and had a much better second half of the season....

I have revised my decision not to include Salah. He's been given a shirt, but still no room for the big Norwegian though.

It's definitely better priced this year, last year was too easy to get all the big guns in your team... It's taken a few attempts but I'm happy with my team..... for now!

I thought that I was settled, but now I am doubting whether Palmer will play in the first game given his absence from pre-season games and Chelsea having at least three players for every position. Plus their opening fixture is not the easiest. So I have temporarily replaced him with Gordon who has two good fixtures, and used the £3m to upgrade one of my two £4m defenders to Trent. Come gw3, if there are no fires to put out, it will be an easy swap back to the original squad.

Of course in the next 6 days I might reverse that plan :D

I think Palmer is a bit pricey, but if last seasons scoring continues I'm sure I'll have him soon enough, but not to start with. I have Salah, Trent and Haaland, so that restricts me on any other premiums.

I have Gordon too, but if he ends up at Liverpool, I'll remove him and wait and see, little too much competition for places there although latest rumour (again) is that Diaz may go

Last edited:
I was reading that Chelsea's new coach prefers his wingers to be out wide. Unless Palmer morphs into a number 8 then his involvement could be less than last year. Of course by the time that you read this there could be another new coach at Chelsea who favours inverted wingers. :D

So far, I have gone without Haaland, Salah and Alexander-Arnold. :thinking: Haaland is too expensive for me. Alexander-Arnold may not start the season, as he has only had one pre-season game after only being back a week. Salah looks to be in good form though. :)

But I wouldn't be surprised to see either or both leave before the end of the window. Now is the best chance to get any decent money for either of them. I doubt Liverpool would offer Salah a new contract because of his age, and don't think Alexander-Arnold will accept a new contract. I hope I am wrong on both.

I don't think Chelsea can afford to leave Palmer out, as he was the only highlight for them last season imho.

So far, I have gone without Haaland, Salah and Alexander-Arnold. :thinking: Haaland is too expensive for me. Alexander-Arnold may not start the season, as he has only had one pre-season game after only being back a week. Salah looks to be in good form though. :)

But I wouldn't be surprised to see either or both leave before the end of the window. Now is the best chance to get any decent money for either of them. I doubt Liverpool would offer Salah a new contract because of his age, and don't think Alexander-Arnold will accept a new contract. I hope I am wrong on both.

I don't think Chelsea can afford to leave Palmer out, as he was the only highlight for them last season imho.
I was sure Salah would go, but now not so sure. Trent I really really hope will re-sign, and think he will.

What's your feeling on VVDs probably partner?.. I'm currently taking a punt on Quansah, but may bottle it before the weekend!

Last edited:
I am hoping to be in!, i have selected my squad but cannot find anywhere on the fantasy site to enter the code, help please! And name of team will be as before "horspath hounds" Problem i am getting is the create and join leagues banner does nothng when i click on it? I have also tried using the links shown above but still no joy

Last edited:
I am hoping to be in!, i have selected my squad but cannot find anywhere on the fantasy site to enter the code, help please! And name of team will be as before "horspath hounds" Problem i am getting is the create and join leagues banner does nothng when i click on it?
League and cups tab then "+ create and join new leagues & cups" button, then "join an existing league"

I am hoping to be in!, i have selected my squad but cannot find anywhere on the fantasy site to enter the code, help please! And name of team will be as before "horspath hounds" Problem i am getting is the create and join leagues banner does nothng when i click on it? I have also tried using the links shown above but still no joy
Can you not just click the links I posted in the first post of this thread? :thinking:

Yes i have done that, it takes me direct to the fantasy league site, is that all that is required, no confirmation at all?

Thanks. As i say i have used the links above which takes me automatically to the fantasy site, then nothing! I have used automatic method to select team and entered it, unlike last year i could see the league participants but not this year.

Whoops, I forgot the deadline this eve ... I guess I'm going with Haaland and no Salah then! I was free transfering last night to see what I could come up with but got tired- meant to come back today to finalise

With the start of the new season, I have a feeling I'm going to regret not having Haaland or Salah in the team. I think mine is probably more balanced, though, but I fully expect to be using my wildcard in a couple of weeks. :LOL:

I decided to go with Salah instead of Palmer, and thankfully Salah continued his record in scoring in the first game of the season, making it the 9th time today, the most by any player. He also had an assist, so with also being captain, 22 points for him so far. :)

I decided to go with Salah instead of Palmer, and thankfully Salah continued his record in scoring in the first game of the season, making it the 9th time today, the most by any player. He also had an assist, so with also being captain, 22 points for him so far. :)
I have Captain Salah too :)

P.s. I also have Trent and Jota :cool:

I'm so glad I switched out Havertz and Salah :headbang: :ROFLMAO:

Just remember that you picked the team for more than one week. I dropped 20 points (at the moment) by a late switch of Saka & Wood 》Palmer & Pedro. But the next few fixtures favour the latter (and they haven't played yet so it will be less than 20).

On 51 with 6 to play at the moment.

Just remember that you picked the team for more than one week. I dropped 20 points (at the moment) by a late switch of Saka & Wood 》Palmer & Pedro. But the next few fixtures favour the latter (and they haven't played yet so it will be less than 20).

On 51 with 6 to play at the moment.

For sure - it was more that I had been tinkering and forgot the deadline that annoyed me, I had Salah and Havertz but was trying to see how I could get Haaland in , could have been worse. I got Haaland in and Fernandes with just minor tweaks to make it work

I think that Fernandes is a big risk. Not only personally, but team wise too. He seems to have gone backwards under ETH. Haaland got me 63 points in one gw at the end of last season and I lost a lot of points not having him the year before when he hit the ground running. But this year I simply cannot afford him. It might be that players like Rodgers come through and free up funds as Palmer and Luiz did last year. At the moment though I'll take the Haaland hits and have a stronger midfield with Trent behind them.

So, the first game week of the season, and Chambolica Charente are the first leader with 79 points, :clap:and they were obviously highest scorer of this week too. ;)

In 2nd place are Tarric Terrors with 73, and I am in 3rd with 67.

In 4th we have MidtablemediocrityFC with 66 points, but I do not remember them posting here to say that they have joined, if I have missed it, please point it out. If I do not know which member her owns that team by the next deadline, they will be removed from the league.

There are a couple of other teams I do not know which embers here own them, Rohl up, Rohl up! and Asteriskter Citeh*. The last one may be a team name change from vanishedbob, who posted their team name as Hashtagoneonefive*, but that is not there. I would like that confirmed please. :)

And in 5th place we have Klopp-Slot Boom! with 61 points.

The average point score for the week was 57.

TalkPhotography FFL 24/25 GW1
1724168615434.jpeg

Last edited:
In the Head2head league we have the same leader as in the main league, as Chambolica Charente beat me, :( 79-67. Just my luck, I could only have been beaten by two teams. :rolleyes: :LOL:

In 2nd place, as in the main league, Tarric Terrors, who came out ahead of Mrs Smith's Boys 73-59. 3rd place is Klopp-Slot Boom! beat Asteriskter Citeh* 61-57. horspath hounds are 4th after beating Fiendishly Bad!!! 60-44.

And in 5th is AVERAGE, who beat Amber Army 57-43. For those that do not know/remember, AVERAGE is the extra 'player' added by the game because we had an odd number of players in the league, and an even number makes it easier for them to calculate everything. Nice to see 'them' back, though I would have preferred a real person, going up against the average adds a bit of fun imho. :LOL:

Woody's wonders take on AVERAGE next week. ;)

TalkPhotography H2H 24/25 GW1
1724169581847.jpeg

TalkPhotography H2H 24/25 Results GW1
1724169696304.jpeg
TalkPhotography H2H 24/25 Fixtures GW2

1724169715135.jpeg

Just to re-iterate again, below is the list of teams in our league, those highlighted in green have posted to say they have joined, and what their their team name is. Those not highlighted in green, have not posted here as far as I can see. Could they please post and claim their teams, or I will have to remove the unclaimed teams from the league.
1724170218789.jpeg

Well it looks like the change of name worked, just hope it keeps going.

Other than the Schar red card that knackered a lot of people's Isak captaincy it was probably the least traumatic opening week that I can remember. No big surprises.

Best of luck to everybody, :)

Can MidtablemediocrityFC, Rohl up, Rohl up! and Asteriskter Citeh* post that you are members here, and have joined the
TalkPhotography FFL 24/25 please?

And I forgot to add, the deadline for making changes is Sat 24th Aug @11:00.

Can MidtablemediocrityFC, Rohl up, Rohl up! and Asteriskter Citeh* post that you are members here, and have joined the
TalkPhotography FFL 24/25 please?

And I forgot to add, the deadline for making changes is Sat 24th Aug @11:00.

Yeah c'mon guys, we have a nice number this season if you just post!

Also I forgot the deadline again and didn't make any changes, and it doesn't look like that'll work any better than when I make too many :ROFLMAO:

Oh well the first of probably many weeks of Haaland envy.

Week 2, and there is a change at the top, as horspath hounds jump from 5th to the summit after getting 98 points. Also getting 98 points, and moving from 11th to 2nd were Woody's wonders. They were both highest scorers of the week. :clap: :clap:

Chambolica Charente(66) drop to 3rd place from the top spot. MidtablemediocrityFC(78) remain in 4th, but I will be removing them from the league, as the member here has not posted to claim the team. That will move Klopp-Slot Boom!(83) into 4th place, and Asteriskter Citeh*(79) would move up to 5th, though they too will also be removed, for the same reason as above, and so Fiendishly Bad!!!(94) will be 5th.

The average score for the week was 69.

No Friday game this week, and so the deadline for making changes is Sat 31th Aug @11:00.

TalkPhotography FFL 24/25 GW2
1724790583517.jpeg

In the Head2 Head league, despite winning their H2H against Warrington Town 66-50, Chambolica Charente, like in the standard league, drop to 3rd. And as in the standard league, horspath hounds move into top spot, by virtue of their total accumulated points, after beating New Oak United 98-45. And Woody's wonder move up into 2nd after coming out ahead of AVERAGE 98-69.

Klopp-Slot Boom! drop a place to 4t, despite wining their H2H with Tarric Terrors 83-44. Fiendishly Bad!!! got their first win, 90-62 against Amber Army, and move into 5th.

The top two go Head2Head next week, so there could be changes. ;)

Banished to Riyadh are next to take on AVERAGE.

Unfortunately I can't remove anyone from the Head2Head league once it starts, and so Asteriskter Citeh* will have to remain in the league.

TalkPhotography H2H 24/25 GW2
1724791430435.jpeg

TalkPhotography H2H 24/25 Results GW2
1724791443623.jpeg

TalkPhotography H2H 24/25 Fixtures GW3
1724791455458.jpeg

Back