Critique required Kell's 52 4 24 - WK 42 - LOCAL

Should that graffiti have been in Tooting? I immediately thought of Citizen Smith. Great colours, really catches the attention

Also the Art Deco office that didn't make it onto the front page, what an utterly fabulous building!

Great colours, well spotted and composed including the reflection of the exit sign

Week 40 - Candid + Panning

Couple to choose from, but I went for the much tighter crop in the end.

Sony A7MKI + Minolta 55/2 Manual focus lens.

Candid + panning 2 by Kell, on Flickr

Candid + panning by Kell, on Flickr

Last edited:
Week 41 - FRIENDS

Few to choose from. I liked the overall feel of the 2nd one. Missed focus by a mile, but I still kind of like it, so I almost went with that.

But in the end, I thought the statues could be open to lots of different interpretations.

Sony A7 plus AR1 55/2.

Friends 03 by Kell, on Flickr

Friends 01 by Kell, on Flickr

FRIEND? by Kell, on Flickr

Last edited:
Good stuff. Yeah the two ladies for me ta :)

Friends, I like the two ladies focus notwithstanding but the two statues had me looking at the picture more than once so the better choice

Good stuff. Yeah the two ladies for me ta :)

Thanks Dave.

Candid, yes the tighter crop. Good technique and great colours.

Friends, I like the two ladies focus notwithstanding but the two statues had me looking at the picture more than once so the better choice

Thanks Alan.

I do like the feel of the two ladies. I was trying some zonal focusing as I was shooting from the hip with a manual lens. Took about 7 or 8 shots and missed with every one.

But, like you, I just thought the statues were a bit more interesting.

Last edited:
Great shots for panning. I am quite envious as I can't get the hang of it!!
Friends is a nice take on the theme, too.

If it makes you feel any better, I took maybe 15 shots to get one or two keepers.

Even as part of the same sequence with this lady on the bike, one was really sharp, the others were blurry. It is practice and sometimes a bit of luck.

Last edited:
Week 42 - Local.

All on a Sony A7i With a Minolta 75-150/4 and Tamron 80-210/4 (the two zooms I mentioned in the post above). The first two on the Minolta, the second two on the Tamron.

A little bit further down the road from last week's shot. But saw the sign and liked the juxtaposition of the being active in the LOCAL area, but also with the added bonus of having more cyclists on the poster.

They all had things going for them to make my selects:

I liked this one because the cyclist is in a similar position to those on the poster.

TP52 2024 WK 42 - Local-1 by Kell, on Flickr

This one I liked because the guy in the background is looking at the cyclists on the poster.

TP52 2024 WK 42 - Local-2 by Kell, on Flickr

This one I liked because he doesn't look like he's very active. (a bit like myself)

TP52 2024 WK 42 - Local-3 by Kell, on Flickr

My favourite, however, also has the cyclist in a very similar position to the woman pushing the pram on the poster.

TP52 2024 WK 42 - Local-4 by Kell, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back