Lens glass cleaner advice

I want to clean the front of my lens glass as I seem to have a tiny mark, not sure what it is, so can I use isopropyl alcohol solution and a soft cloth ok without causing damage to the glass ?

Appreciate any advice regards my query.

Yes, isopropanol is fine.

Remove any bits with a rocket blower or soft brush, then breathe on it and wipe with a microfiber cloth. There's not much won't shift with that, don't be frightened to give it a good rub.

Cleaning fluid is good for oily marks like stubborn finger prints. And also to dilute and remove salt sea spray, though that's just about the only situation I use a protection filter for. Nasty stuff.

I use a rocket blower followed by Eclipse lens cleaning fluid with a pec pad

I use the Zeiss glasses wipes after gentle air. They are throw away and can clean your phone screen, glasses etc.

Yeah, there are several ways to clean lenses and most of us have our own preferences. I don't think it matters very much, providing you make sure there's no grit or dust on the front element that could act as an abrasive.

It's probably more important not to get too carried away with cleaning. Small specks of dust and marks don't normally show up in the images and there's really no need to get stuck in whenever they appear.

Back