B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

That's a nice candid street style capture Garry, with a good gutsy mono presentation.

"Makes a nice change to see a pic' of this area presented in mono instead of the usual colour"

Thanks, George. Most people seem to go with colour because of the striking red and yellow of the lanterns, plus the colourfulness of the restaurants. For this shot, B&W seemed to go with night time.

Thanks, George. Most people seem to go with colour because of the striking red and yellow of the lanterns, plus the colourfulness of the restaurants. For this shot, B&W seemed to go with night time.

Agree with that Garry, and the colourful lights around there sure do cry out for colour photography. I personally have only presented my picks of that area in mono, but as you know I'm predominantly a mono worker so probably a little biased.

I until the last couple of years I had always ridden bicycles as general Local transport and was always fixing the local kids bikes on the estate to the point I would get home and find a bike ready for repairs or as a donation to my collection. ( My workshop was like a motorcycle/bicycle breakers yard. This was built up out of various bits I had knocking about and I was going to donate it to one of the local kids ( A way of clearing some of my junk) It got confiscated by my lad ( He had much better bikes) and was ridden every where. It was painted mat black was converted to single speed ( I didn't have a rear gear change to match) On one Saturday I had a phone call from my lad saying they need rescuing as his mates bike had killed its self He was where I Iive now 25 miles from where we lived before. Not bad for a single speed cluncker.

bike.jpg

I until the last couple of years I had always ridden bicycles as general Local transport and was always fixing the local kids bikes on the estate to the point I would get home and find a bike ready for repairs or as a donation to my collection. ( My workshop was like a motorcycle/bicycle breakers yard. This was built up out of various bits I had knocking about and I was going to donate it to one of the local kids ( A way of clearing some of my junk) It got confiscated by my lad ( He had much better bikes) and was ridden every where. It was painted mat black was converted to single speed ( I didn't have a rear gear change to match) On one Saturday I had a phone call from my lad saying they need rescuing as his mates bike had killed its self He was where I Iive now 25 miles from where we lived before. Not bad for a single speed cluncker.

View attachment 415011
I love this, I also have a ratty singlespeed for running errands around town on. It probably cost me less than a chain or a tyre on my other bikes.

To keep it on topic (but still a little bit bike), here's my favourite B&W shot from the weekend:

DH Pan by Lewis Craik, on Flickr

"William Harvey Plaque"

IMG_4412.jpeg

Last edited:
Back