Let's see your... "vintage lenses on modern body" shots.

ust playing with a Super Takumar 2.2 / 55 on my Fujifilm XT3. Astia Soft.
Lovely rendering, was this shot wide open? I have bid on a couple of these but they always get a lot of bids and a high price being an early Takumar design and despite being relatively slow as 55mm go. Don't know if I 'need' another 55mm but it does look nice.

Lovely rendering, was this shot wide open? I have bid on a couple of these but they always get a lot of bids and a high price being an early Takumar design and despite being relatively slow as 55mm go. Don't know if I 'need' another 55mm but it does look nice.

I can't honestly remember. If it wasn't, it wasn't far off. There's a bit of a crop on that as well. Yes, it is quite an early design, and very dinky. I think it came with another camera some time ago. I've never actually used it on a film camera, because of the awkward nature of cocking the aperture, and only got it out today.

I think it came with another camera some time ago. I've never actually used it on a film camera, because of the awkward nature of cocking the aperture, and only got it out today.
Ah, having seen pics of it, is that what the silver thumb lever is on the side? I assumed it was like the A/M switch on many auto lenses. If it works like I think it does I have something similarly awkward on a Meyer Optik 100mm f2.8 where it stays wide open until you press a button on the side and hold it down while shooting. It makes adjusting the aperture whilst shooting a real pita and I rarely use it as a result.

He appears regularly as an advertising prop for an antiques shop in Westgate, North Kent.
Can be seen sitting on a chair pointing in the direction of interest.

Ah, having seen pics of it, is that what the silver thumb lever is on the side? I assumed it was like the A/M switch on many auto lenses. If it works like I think it does I have something similarly awkward on a Meyer Optik 100mm f2.8 where it stays wide open until you press a button on the side and hold it down while shooting. It makes adjusting the aperture whilst shooting a real pita and I rarely use it as a result.

Yes, you literally cock the shutter, which remains fully open until you shoot and it steps down to your chosen aperture. A bit of a workaround, and depends on you repeating the process for every exposure.

Back