M42 lenses on a newer body?

Jokby

I've got 4 135mms and they are all slightly different. Prices I paid after.

Carl Zeiss Jena MC S(sonnar) F3.5 - Sharpest of the bunch, keeps up with Canon L lenses, great bokeh, cool white balance, strong contrast - £52 mint cond
Takumar S-M-C F3.5- Best build quality not much behind the Zeiss in terms of sharpness - £35 mint cond
Pentacon Preset (bokeh monster) Zebra version F2.8 - Round iris at any aperture, the best handling, but not coated. Images lack contrast - £8.99 mint cond
Meyer Preset F2.8 - Exactly the same as the Pentacon but my version is slightly sharper - £5 avg cond

I'm interested in the Jupiters 11a f/4 and 37a, the earlier Pentacons/Orestors with 15 blades and a Tair 11a, I've tried everything else and they're all pretty decent.
I think the Tair might be a bit too much, to hope to get something without faults for its age, with 20 blades flappin about in it...I dunno...:LOL:

That's good to hear as that is the one I have along with the 2.8/35mm. Shame about the infinity thing. I got the adapter with the optic but as Mustanir pointed out it may still not actually focus to infinity. Oh well.

Got an adaptor from here
http://www.srb-griturn.com/m42-lenses-on-nikon-201-p.asp

It's £42 + post and has glass element which makes it double the focus length
but it focuses to infinity.(y)

PS So far got a 135 and 500 in M42

Back