Medium format quistion

Thank very much for your thoughts. I already have 2 35mm bodies and a few lenses to go on them but I just like to try an older format and something different. the reason i have put such a low budget is because this is going to be my first one and want to see if I like it first.

Ah gotcha, you're sorted then really, you can get pretty well what MF camera you want and TLR will fill the bill nicely.

As Joxby says though, 300 quid can buy you quite a lot these days if you keep your eyes peeled. That's what I paid for a really mint complete RB67 Pro S. :love:

Now I've got round to using it I'm loving my Zeiss Nettar 6x6 folder! All manual, no meter, no TTL view... nice bit of modern 1950's technology!

£13 well spent :D

If you get somthing cheap like that then you could see if the hassle of sending stuff to peak etc for processing and waiting for the results is for you.

Personally I like the wait...

And they make good street cams as nobody really knows what it is :naughty:

lol. Well that's in mint condition eh? What did that cost you?

Believe it or not I bought the body, 80mm lens and two backs for £500. The body, lens and one back are all dated the same and were sold together 32 years ago, the second back had been added two years later.

The light seals had gone and the shutter was sticky through lack of use so I spent £110 having those repaired and everything properly serviced.

One of my rare ebay bargains. :D

Now I've got round to using it I'm loving my Zeiss Nettar 6x6 folder! All manual, no meter, no TTL view... nice bit of modern 1950's technology!

£13 well spent :D

:LOL: I bet it really does the bizzo too.

Believe it or not I bought the body, 80mm lens and two backs for £500. The body, lens and one back are all dated the same and were sold together 32 years ago, the second back had been added two years later.

The light seals had gone and the shutter was sticky through lack of use so I spent £110 having those repaired and everything properly serviced.

One of my rare ebay bargains. :D
It looks really mint. Is the screen user replaceable Ali?

I think so CT, to be honest I've not exactly had it apart although I do have a rather weighty tome called a manual :wacky: for it , I'll have a look.

Well if you just take the WL finder off, you should be able to see if you can pop the screen out. I'm pretty sure some of the later models were modified to a user replaceable screen while the earlier ones were fixed.

If you want the highest quality lenses and build It is hard to beat a Rolleiflex 2.8 or 3.5 F

Just about every professional used one up to the mid 70's .. millions of exceptional photographs were taken with them. No fancy specifications or extra lenses...

I would go for the non metered version as just about any hand held meter will do a better job now (just as they always did) The meter on a camera then was more of a fashion statement than practical.

It is strange that we find zooms and interchangeable lenses essential these days.
A majority of people who bought a mamiyaflex never bought an additional lens.

There's nothing wrong with a TLR and it depends how important the street work is to you, but I think you'd be disappointed if you tried to encompass portrait and street work with one.

QUOTE]

This was the camera of choice for this work. It excelled in news, reportage and was used by just about every wedding and portrait photographer from the late 1940's to late 70's and the quality has never been exceeded.

It is strange that we find zooms and interchangeable lenses essential these days.
A majority of people who bought a mamiyaflex never bought an additional lens.
I agree I can do almost anything with my simple 50mm on my OM1 I just need to take a few steps back and forth to get the right framing. and the quality of fixed lenses is much better anyways.

Back