MiG-29A Fulcrum

Edit My Images
No
I've refound a stash of old photographs. These are scans from slides taken at the RAF Mildenhall air show, summer 1998. The originals are a bit variable in quality, and I'm still getting to grips with getting the most from them.

I can't make out the b/n of the first aircraft in the static area, but the display aircraft in the second shot is b/n 6930 which was later lost in a mid-air collision with b/n 6829.

Taken with a Fujicolor slide film on my old Minolta compact (possibly a Z-Up 80). I'll confirm the camera when I find where I've packed it away.

first ones a bit messy in the background, seconds a lot better.

I can't make out the b/n of the first aircraft in the static area.

Just checked in the Osprey Mig-29 book and its 5304. Like the second one, slightly further to the left would have been nice and historical next to one of Lakenheath's Eagles.

Thanks for the comments.. this was almost 10 years before I started really thinking about photography rather than just taking snaps. The backgrounds on the static line tend to be very busy. Some interesting aircraft there that year. At the back of b/n 5304 is the wing of a Hercules gunship.

Caleb - that's the same conclusion we reached on Flickr, someone pointed out it was a twin-seater MiG 29UB so that got us to the same b/n you give. Still in service after a -UBS upgrade in 2005 from the information I could find.

Back