motorbikes old/new...open thread??

Better than '70s (standard) Harley front brake!!!

Preferred my Suzuki alternative as a ride but the Honda is a pretty bike.

Can't say I've ever seen regnirps forks before...

Makes a first generation Rocket III look slim!

Hi, the last HARLEY of the HARLEY exhibition. I enjoyed taking the pics. The exhibition had a good lay-out with enough room between the bikes. And there were not many visitors ...

Don't worry. I shall not only post BMWs from now on. ;) I still have a fair amount of HARLEY pics :

DSC02009-a7r2-4.jpg

Gotta love a proper airhead!

IF I was in the market for a sports bike, a Striple would definitely be on the short list. However, I've tried a few on and on every one of them, my hip's screamed "NOOooooooo!!!" before my foot is near the peg!

MERRY CHRISTMAS ! Looking back to 1972. I had this BMW R75/5 as a university student. The extras were for touring: Leg shields, fog light, high beam, police horn :

z-BMW-Unbenannt-Scannen-26.jpg

CRAVEN pannier bags, a rear fog light (below the number pate) I fitted after I had almost been run over in fog from the rear in Belgium on a trip to England :

z-BMW-Unbenannt-Scannen-27.jpg

Last edited:
QPrZMZV.jpg

One that "got away"! 10 Year (69-79) Anniversary Limited Edition with a Craig Vetter Fairing. EDIT:- Oops! I seem to post this every year around this time. It must have been because I bought it as a Christmas present to myself!

Last edited:
Back