motorbikes old/new...open thread??

A few old snaps back in my rally days

full

Last edited:
just lay off willya...or i will show me on my T110

T110 a by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

1958 triumph...tiger 110...650cc...one carb..high lift camshaft...slickshift..quickly detachable rear wheel....full width front drum...
taken in london in 1961 somewhere in the tottenham area
. I had one of those too, way back around 1966/7. A nice bike but sold it 'cos I had a girlfriend who didn't like riding it! Like most British bikes of the era the electrics were awful. - all down to Joseph Lucas AKA Prince of Darkness..

That just shows how big the modern bikes are today. My BMW K1100LT weighed over 6 hundred-weight when it was ready to roll (with a full tank of fuel) That's a good bit over 1/4 of a ton! and it would still tramp along at well over 100mph
I sold that, but still have my '94 BMW R1100RS which is about 200lbs lighter and good bit quicker too. ( once saw 122 mph on the speedometer on a German Autobahn and still accelerating! Far easier to ride, to service, and more economic as well (when riding in England).

When was it the two companies merged? That could explain it. However I cannot see where the lettering AJS1 is printed

It's the file name.

My BMW K1100LT weighed over 6 hundred-weight when it was ready to roll (with a full tank of fuel) That's a good bit over 1/4 of a ton! and it would still tramp along at well over 100mph

My Triumph Rocket III weighed rather more than that and was (allegedly - I was never that brave [or foolish!!!]) limited to 155MPH. 100 would be a happy cruising speed on it, even without a fairing. On a close road in the UK, obviously...

Until 2013, any person holding a full motorcycle licence could ride/drive a tricycle, which was basically any vehicle with three wheels. Thus, vehicles like this Reliant Rialto could be driven without taking a driving test...

Reliant Rialto Sidmouth GM5 P1210747.jpg

Possibly a touch too much Chrome for my taste - but could still be tempted!

No photo at the moment , I have owned a 1990 XV1100 for about 5 years and for various reasons some financial most health related have never used it on the road, Currently the bike is away being re tinkered and hopefully a new MOT , It was collected yesterday. I had a go at starting the bile myself , Fitted the charged battery , £7 of fuel , Ignition on , Press the start button and Yay it was cranking over fine , THEN all of a sudden fuel started spraying out of the right hand side just as it attempted to start , Yikes :eek:, As I was not keen on a fire that's when I decide to get a bike shop to have a look and do the MOT. In the 34 years the bike has been around it has only covered 18K miles , I await the phone call with the good or bad news.

Fingers crossed, it's just an old fuel hose that's split and the bike shop will have it back to you ASAP.

Looks like an electric bike! Personally, I'm not a fan of slab sided bikes (including fairings!)

Buongiorno ! Another DUCATI. - I have no ownership experience. A former colleague has one, and a neighbour has a vintage 750 Desmo. Both seem happy ... :

DSC_3399-d500c.jpg

Back