Daily My Daily Photos

Thanks Walter.
46/
Loads of Redwings feeding in a wet field, little village called Edern. Temp dropped to 6c.
Redwing 17th Dec 2016.jpg

Last edited:
47/
Three whellie bins, three days before the council charge £33 for each bin. The Pampass grass produces about three flowers every year so its got to go. That's one days work, its a killer, the leaves are like knives.
Out with the Pampass.jpg

48/
Went to Pwllheli needed a bit of shopping and then went to look at the sea on the prom. One of the Island is called St.Tudwals, it has a lighthouse on. Some years ago it was bought by Bear Gryll for £95,000. Its a private island.
Its interesting to google the Island. My little Lumix camera can't really show its beauty as the island is huge and at the far end the lighthouse is just to be seen.
Worse light ever, one day I'll get a re.shoot on this one.
St.Tudwals Island.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Shirley.

Did you take that one from The Esplanade? When I was up that way last time, I drove down that road that goes over the level crossing and bears right at the end and then you have the pay and display bays on the left.
If so the weather and available light is not doing that shot any justice - which is damned shame.

I was right by the pay and display, I gave the shot a filter touch on paintshop. I gave it a misty touch like ghostly castle in the poor misty light, as I did in a hill misty shot of the Porthmadog hills in my 52's. It has been suggested now that both photos are lacking light and contrast.
Again to-day as it was the other day the light was very poor so I gave it my little touch of misty, mystery and magical filtering.
I looked at the photo of the castle and the mist was at the sea edge whilst the green had a little contrast and the stones of the castle were dark. Now, I've taken the photo back to paintshop and upped the contrast.
Maybe others can see these history shots as I do, with a touch of romantic and mystery, as it was when people lived there. Or dark and forboding. :) Thanks for posting, I like it when people are interested in the photos. The filter I used is called Icarus.
Criccieth castle 20th Dec 2016.jpg

Last edited:
50/
Just up from the lane from where I live is the village pond, I moved there in 1982 and my Dad and I started to clear it out from the huge mess it was in and he took years to clear it but then a neighbour helped and between the three of us it now looks like this. The house on the right of the photo is a holiday home, my house is not to be seen but my little field is opposite and the roof of the shed.
Again to-day the light was terrible and the photo almost came out black and white. I'm going to add a photo that I took I think in 2005 as how nice it is. Out of three little terrace cottages two again are holiday homes.
Pwll William.jpg Picture 007.jpg

Last edited:
51/
Thought I saw a pair of Goosanders on the pond yesterday and they were there this morning, what a super pair of ducks.
I won't always add two photos but it'll be something else tomorrow like wind or rain which is forecasted.
Female Goosander having a preen and the pair which have been coming for three years.
Goosander female Pwll William  Nefyn.jpg Pair Goosanders 22nd Dec 2016.jpg

54/
Happy Christmas to you and you and you:)
Happy Christmas.jpg

Last edited:
55/
The worse thing that can happen with the daily photo is, leaving the camera in a friends house and I'm not going to fetch it. Thank goodness I went bird watching with the big lens and got a rather nice Wren. The annoying thing is with the daily photos is to-days photos become yesterday photos tomorrow. If anyone is reading, I can understand that.:agree:
Its a good job I'm a tea total person, otherwise folk might thing otherwise.
Wren 26th Dec  2016.jpg

Day 44
Either a Siberian or wintering Chiffchaff, waiting for a friend to get back to me about it
Chiffchaff Edern 28th Dec 2016.jpg

Last edited:
Photo 45, got mixed up with the days:banghead:
Moss growing on the side of my pond, on close up its very interesting.
Garden Moss.jpg

Thanks goodness for the Lumix
Day 46, Weathervane, a friend with a passion for trains.
Weather Vane.jpg

Day 48/
Garn Bodfaun, I look at this hill from my house. It has iron age and roman remains.
P1130505.jpg

50/
Bit of an inside day to-day, really had to get my best camera sorted, most important. Phone call, trip to PO to get special bag, back home walk the dog, get wood in and then start. Clean camera and pack without battery, no printer so carefully wrote details on paper and placed with camera. Place in bag which was a bit tight and what better proof of posting than to post it on TP then pay back to PO and pay £12 includes insurance.
Back home, walk dog again and put bins out, have a cuppa with neighbours and then by the fire to knit.
proof of postage.jpg

hello Shirley.... now i haven't been paying attention have i ?? else i'd have seen what a fine job you are making of a photo a day....your bird shots are outstanding (imo) ...

..........ever considered a photo24? :rolleyes: ... this is clearly the first time i've asked you this......pay no attention to that crazy guy in the main 52 thread, clearly a mad man to avoid..

Sorry no, this is my challenge and its enough, like to-day I've struggled to take one photo.o_O

51/
Gorse in flowers, pick the flower buds to make wine or feed them to a sheep, the flower buds are like sweeties to a sheep.
Gorse in full flower.jpg

52/
Flowers to cheer me up:) £2 Lidl, the cheapest I could found.:D
flowers.jpg

Last edited:
ur welcome @Shirleyr ... u don't seem to have much luck with the skies that side of the country..have u tried HDR? i find it helps with creating a moody image, that ram could be darn right evil if u gave it a bit of range..depends how long he stood there for though :sneaky:

ur welcome @Shirleyr ... u don't seem to have much luck with the skies that side of the country..have u tried HDR? i find it helps with creating a moody image, that ram could be darn right evil if u gave it a bit of range..depends how long he stood there for though :sneaky:
:)I was standing on the pavement and he was in a field:)It was 4.30pm approx, I don't know what HDR is.

Attachments

• Welsh Mountain ram.jpg
    Welsh Mountain ram.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 7
57/
They have been out for over a week, in some gardens there are Daffodils out. Gales here of force 10 and gusts of 58. So, as the Lumix is still my only camera, here goes. I thought the Canon would come to-day:(.
Snowdrops.jpg

Back