mymemory.co.uk

I don't the CF cards are particularly cheap, in fact I would say it looks more like a supermarket scam type 'sale'

Sorry Tom, can I ask what you mean by a "supermarket scam type 'sale'"

I'm still having problems with the website, I tried to pay via paypal, entered my password, I was taken back to the website which promoptly carshed again it says.

"Error 503 Service Unavailable

Service Unavailable
Guru Meditation:

XID: 1636814545

Varnish cache server"

Stu, I mean it looks like their are prices for the CF cards that were once at 'that' price but have now been 'reduced' by 25%. Supermarkets do this by having a product on sale for £20 for a week in one store, which nobody buys, then the week after in another store 30 miles away they advertise the product for £15 saying it is '25% off' when in fact in this store the price has not actually come down but in some instances it has actually gone up!

Me being cynical.

tiler65 said:
Stu, I mean it looks like their are prices for the CF cards that were once at 'that' price but have now been 'reduced' by 25%. Supermarkets do this by having a product on sale for £20 for a week in one store, which nobody buys, then the week after in another store 30 miles away they advertise the product for £15 saying it is '25% off' when in fact in this store the price has not actually come down but in some instances it has actually gone up!

Me being cynical.

But mymemory cannot do that since they do not have another outlet to advertise the fake higher pricing at, legal requirements have to be met iirc for that sort of trick.

Did you realise the prices in site are the usual price? You dont get the discount until checkout using the code, I could not beat a x266 speed kingston for 15 quid, nor a sandisk blade retractable 32gb for 13 odd when I looked ymmv of course.

stu_the_flat said:
Ah I see your point, I've just got myself a couple CF cards and a holder so I am a happy boy! :)

Cheers Stuart

yes, I suspect they underestimated traffic demand lol

Just been on site & it worked a treat Kingston CF16gb 266 speed for £15 and a PNY USB memory stick 32gb for £12....Seems to good to be true. Took advantage of the free shipping wait and see how good they are :thinking:

offer now on til midnight tonight, email came with apology re system probs so hopefully less painful now.
got my despatched emails today so looks ok.

whats the fastest cf and sd cards for a d300s?

to answer my own question the d300 write speed from bythom:

UDMA card support (up to 40MBs/sec)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back