Nikon D750 & D780

I can't imagine planning to take photos somewhere for four days! But then my lifestyle doesn't allow for pre-planning because something work related always crops up when I plan something for a specific date. Like today - had somewhere in mind to go, then a load of work turned up yesterday. And people reckon that the self employed can take any days they like off.:rolleyes:

That's probably why I pop out with a camera whenever I have a spare hour - which usually turns into two, or three, or... :D

But I guess a lot also depends on what it is you like taking photographs of.:)
It does depend on where I go. Last year I spent 2 nights on Skomer but you have to be at the boat for around 0830 so we ended up travelling down the day before as it's a 7hr journey for us. It's not very often I do trips like that but if it's booked it's harder to cancel than looking at the changing local forecast. If I go further afield (1-2hrs travel) then it's usually a day trip. I like to stay local but often I find it's a case having a local wildlife subject, a good forecast and the free time when other things in life need doing too.

Hi, I hopped aboard the D750 owners club a few months back and am loving it, particularly the high ISO capabilities.
I had a first play with the time lapse feature yesterday and although I can play it back on the D750, I can't seem to open it when I put the memory card in my pc. I'm sure I'm being rather dense but would really appreciate a few pointers on this.

Many thanks

Rob

Edit: Problem solved to a certain extent. I just tried connection the camera to the pc via usb and can play the timelapse no problem. Mystery still remains as to why I can't do it directly from the memory card but that's not such an issue now.

Last edited:
So i found a little ray of sunshine. He was right under my nose all along! :oops: :$

Not quite sure where the other one is hiding yet, I'm still looking. :thinking:

The 24-70 has been neglected of late, took it out for an airing. Made me want a 24mm F1.4. :rolleyes: Meh.

Found some sunshine!
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Found some sunshine!

50mm's first proper shot

Found some sunshine!
I could be in the market for a 24-70mm soon if you get bored of yours ;) Since buying my RX100-III I'm contemplating selling up my Olympus gear to fund a 'walkabout' lens for my D750. Just can't decide whether I'd regret selling the Olly gear or not :rolleyes: The RX100 certainly can't compete with the Olly in terms of IQ, BUT the Olly is pretty much now reserved for travel as the D750 blows it out of the water in terms of performance and usability, and I'd rather carry the extra bulk day to day and have the better performance. For travel I'm wondering if the IQ difference between the RX100 and Olly is really a concern? I guess if I did go somewhere that was particularly suited to photography I could take the D750 for that 'one off'. Too many bloomin choices :facepalm: :LOL:

Nice pics btw :)

"Cracking" shot Anirban, really like the framing, the background colour really works well complementing the models lippy, and the detail is amazing.(y)

George.
Thanks George.

So i found a little ray of sunshine. He was right under my nose all along! :oops: :$

Not quite sure where the other one is hiding yet, I'm still looking. :thinking:

The 24-70 has been neglected of late, took it out for an airing. Made me want a 24mm F1.4. :rolleyes: Meh.

Found some sunshine!

Found some sunshine!

50mm's first proper shot

Found some sunshine!

He seems to be growing pretty quick, only seems like yesterday when you were showing the new(ish) born photos.

I can imagine it, but that's all I can do ;) 4 days off work is something that's just not going to happen barring my one holiday a year which is certainly not a photography holiday,... so I've been told :LOL:

I could be in the market for a 24-70mm soon if you get bored of yours ;) Since buying my RX100-III I'm contemplating selling up my Olympus gear to fund a 'walkabout' lens for my D750. Just can't decide whether I'd regret selling the Olly gear or not :rolleyes: The RX100 certainly can't compete with the Olly in terms of IQ, BUT the Olly is pretty much now reserved for travel as the D750 blows it out of the water in terms of performance and usability, and I'd rather carry the extra bulk day to day and have the better performance. For travel I'm wondering if the IQ difference between the RX100 and Olly is really a concern? I guess if I did go somewhere that was particularly suited to photography I could take the D750 for that 'one off'. Too many bloomin choices :facepalm: :LOL:

Nice pics btw :)

Are you answering your own question here? No point keeping the Olly if rarely used and probably even less with your new Sony;) Go for it (24-70) you know it makes sense:D

Are you answering your own question here? No point keeping the Olly if rarely used and probably even less with your new Sony;) Go for it (24-70) you know it makes sense:D
I know, I think you're right. It's just bringing myself to letting the Olly go. I might wait until I've been away somewhere with the RX100 first to see if it's 'good enough' ;)

We got some blue stuff too!! Got the car washed and finally got around to trying some Aqua Wax on it, then it chucked it down. :rolleyes: At least i got to see how it beads. :LOL:

Thanks Simon. He's 9 months now and into everything. Lily will be 8 in another month which is unbelievable! Time goes so quickly. :(

We got some blue stuff too!! Got the car washed and finally got around to trying some Aqua Wax on it, then it chucked it down. :rolleyes: At least i got to see how it beads.

Macro?

Please don't hold it against me, but I've been using Auto mode... and a 28-300.:D

Only slight crops. It was pretty tame for a pheasant.

I love the malleability of the D750 files.

_7509455-2.jpg

_7509455.jpg

Had a look at your blog the other day mate, made me hungry. And so have these.

Good stuff mate.

That site is far too neglected! re-designed it start of December and all I've posted about since then is cheesecake.

Nice pics and nice food. Of course they are relevant [emoji38]. Glad to someone else here who loves cooking and taking photos as well.

This was from Ottolenghi and Scully's NOPI book. Roast pork belly, crushed butternut squash, roast garlic and caperberry potatoes. With baked chocolate ganache, spiced hazelnuts and orange oil to finish.

I didn't need to eat a lot on Sunday!

Any luck with those 24mm pics yet.... :whistle:

I took it with me yesterday, but the 58 hardly left the camera. I find it a bit too wide for when I'm just taking pics of Jessica. Need to get out and do some lanscapes with it

Bloody 58.

TBH i love the distortion a 24mm offers for 'close' portraits. It would also be the obvious choice of FL for landscapes although i do like my 70-200 for that also.

Yet more rain means plenty of time in the van building up my GAS. :D

Bloody 58.

TBH i love the distortion a 24mm offers for 'close' portraits. It would also be the obvious choice of FL for landscapes although i do like my 70-200 for that also.

Yet more rain means plenty of time in the van building up my GAS. :D

Yeah, I do have some shots of Jessica taken on the 24 where she'd found a frog. But they're not on my flickr and facebook is blocked at work so I can't find it. Will try and remember later

So I've just pulled the trigger on a sigma 35 1.4 art.

Just now need to decide on a camera.

Decision is to buy a d750 or d810. Had a d810 previously and loved it. Am now thinking a d750 will be a good choice for me. I like the weight of it, and as an a7 series shooter the flippy screen is a big bonus.

Can anyone on here help convince me that this is the better choice over the d810? Obviously the d810 resolution is a big draw - and the ability to crop when doing nature shooting.

I'll be doing a mix of portraits, nature and landscape and plan to run it alongside my a7rii and a7.

Thanks in advance.

Decision is to buy a d750 or d810. Had a d810 previously and loved it. Am now thinking a d750 will be a good choice for me. I like the weight of it, and as an a7 series shooter the flippy screen is a big bonus.

Can anyone on here help convince me that this is the better choice over the d810? Obviously the d810 resolution is a big draw - and the ability to crop when doing nature shooting.

I'll be doing a mix of portraits, nature and landscape and plan to run it alongside my a7rii and a7.

Thanks in advance.

262 pages should convince you ;)

Thanks in advance.
I'd get the D810 if I were you. Seems like it's the one you want (and you can afford it), plus the lighter weight of the D750 is kinda pointless if your alternative is an A7.

Thanks in advance.

D810 if money is not an issue. Having said that since you already have a 42 mp A7RII, a D750 will be perfect.

What are you missing from the A7RII that you think the Nikon FX will fill in? Sony has just announced their professional 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8 and a 85 1.4 lens. You can build a whole system with the Sony line-up.

Thanks in advance.
262 pages should convince you ;)

The man does talk a lot of sense... He is our leader.

Back