Nikon D750 & D780

Hey hey no joking about me guys ha ha

I'm not sure you can compare DoF using the same focal length lens on a crop and full frame, the 'field of view isn't the same'. It's true the DoF would be different using the same focal length but the framing would be completely different giving a completely different image on a crop compared to full frame. If you increased the focal length on full frame to give a comparable framed image the DoF would be shallower on full frame.

If you compared the same framing full frame gives a shallower DoF. The two images below are the same framing taken with 200mm f5.6 on crop and 300mm f5.6 on full frame.

DSC_9172 by -Rob - Nikon-

D71_8462 by -Rob - Nikon-

I keep meaning to repeat this using different apertures but getting a squirrel to stay still long enough is difficult ;) (sorry they are not D750 images, I tried this a few years ago)

The good thing about crops is the feeling of the extra length and potentially 'longer feeling' of the lenses. It means you don't need to cart about big heavy long lenses compared to full frame to get the same framing.

I did allude to this, but was trying to not over complicate things ;) But taking everything into consideration I prefer the overall 'effect' with FF. Of course, personal preference (y)

I thought it was difficult to get chickens to hold a pose. :LOL:

LfwsclJ3mEEIosA6sB1oTSg9O2Z9t0Yl69-dwUjMS34wo0Fvp-B-kshZ2XJshmXw7LLgul4rtbRYN1_Kvbvg5fGK8JE8bmfLF4QWiPz9VOsHLAHB-w6QJj1MUi955z0xj1aJwAD0d-QekgtLyNOwSxZMsNmgVMZXUriuZirQ4wYsivd1gLCOUiXAUVETFHr9UM2p1HK0GlNSdvTtdtLa6gGyEuLeoLl-o9U1F5EhpJS5rVWwyh0GHbCROUCPhX8rpzBATu37AptbjBKizQnJQtOqH7R5jlVOjlrhXSR4DFRXSVBoNFAWN9jCRPJVzxhB61BWhzrTxZ0ErlxuiG3F6p_hSZN6gTdiHkYeydjVBVjYAYIoQL8nmtDHQY_Hed5jWdTC_YieQ4K308C7tLKhuQcacVjGLCHI39vH7ejOgyb2AHSfLwazbXL_gYySNwroR2Kd8xYExh7l5_e4WimUPeTNMYucOurdCK6kWDMambCNtPaZBhsNRFWGlJt6Ey2gQ2v9T1Sq4Kr6gu9LcysHY_-Rwqy57TTtbmzqe_UHGAFHWFODiy5Va0wZ-FPyn6lDDGv2UOvVjBZsKDnmtk5gCsgaaL_ts-RKuPUhP5g1iaiMxFPc-i-uCQ=w900-h601-no

vqDdq4OcrzCE8TgXE65yBZQv_Lxl-422bh4L5454EclFI8QSugEuc0Ji4UHXxAJvYLQWR0R-LH0sHBXvV2JmN31snOskpgXXEHl60nhPpFaJPWzV-bV94V-bSfDhrrw9gTgb6ywqBC-yYfIf0IMye5knvUSSqFJNisT8RJFTlIfm8pscibjGFPyHb9tJ9vgAEWhqmpJzJtZPBBzZ12e-7Fne3_EkWbBQmzqgPk7NQDKXOPT0kDRI2a8XHhU2O0cQypZNVeEf2uLRlL-4uUSsXLwcWR5VT1LWY8rg2YLvR_vNel3t6ide5B6UJFA70lbwGFfLdOc2oJf36w6Av3xb1B5OTnNQwUOdNKPz3jDyC7FmL38xzXdpcFWBbzlHr050VF8hIlwXxGPjEPNo60iT0Pjg11XmGp9NxQQ06UNaqNd36HDnFVioaExdC2N99tZAOv7CWJztL2si6ijQxkdblcYLoPBDFZnJjT_8eSNQiX71rxcauiAJBquFS9kOIVcxVhqNDA-PPCavui08Z854hPcg6hlHIl_OLbjbh4WM7WhEt8KcD7cNW_5RrmGSZMmTZrPsbd_c9z97XsTVC-ONMysJ1RByk2_IYW6mSYIo9PLuhrza2nrjnw=s724-no

Finally. Sort of...

HxwMjyXSFHbCOiT3tsMNwQLXHufcSBSD-ptMi4v2gXENj6O3kg-R8gTiZbiAvaclfAaOPQ7UU2L1bmGhNubCGAjIjhhkVSUNc58jiEcDJ1SPqhbpRxRX98_LzFfU0JB8gFXiVBGq_bHW29YfuUxP3tTUHTtIO7JFq4zpOn4H_-EWYUFEb1KUORtvzJKLNaNgCoQ8m1MYRpMf1opcbeqNFpx_O7wuweiHBGqQu9L2ZSzTveTCORhRxAJGVG0hkDKBXY-Tccfx101rcfUS232eTwp5DgkvP4NeNMbxyDGM37HmxtBWd9xaIEAMeAR8xRYIO_kk_tRrk85rpAhoskS8dgMYxOgmt7Vf_YsP3ya9_NkEpGjTiDy0YB15nYWpfO-O55JPUN--COcukROdHaZKZZmxnHnCA-QXqdzUx07NxEYfJXUDMcCRGtYGrh4nSII7q_BnykZ8oUk4QsLpMWSffB1xdKzgACOsQTkK1cgas1LMh2SKwYcyPmskofykor_HFiL-w2b3j9sROvZ8RbZT56KWgpcbIWRyYSyI7ULctLDrumxNbIwPD4dOdMXQGAAuuKOUn6uafOhBsNgTogD4lifjb0vAJqb2hBkbxJm-nxYL1M7TdCWxdQ=w580-h724-no

I did allude to this, but was trying to not over complicate things ;) But taking everything into consideration I prefer the overall 'effect' with FF. Of course, personal preference (y)

Will report back with my findings and D750 comparison as too if this has been a good/bad/questionable move!

Will report back with my findings and D750 comparison as too if this has been a good/bad/questionable move!

As we say shouldn't try and look for fault should try and settle on what the major improvements be

Slightly OT, but would be interested to know what filter kit you bought and what you think of it as I'm looking for something currently to cover my 24-70 Tamron @82mm

It's a Benro fh150 (had to order it from china in the end as I couldn't find a European let alone UK seller)

2 main advantages over its rivals from my point of view.

1) you fit it over a lens that is already mounted to the camera, no removing the lens and fitting a restraining ring from the bag first like most of the other solutions
2) you can use a 150mm CPL and square/rectangle filters if required.

downside is that it's huge and a pain in the ass to carry like all of the 150mm kits

I'm not sure you can compare DoF using the same focal length lens on a crop and full frame, the 'field of view isn't the same'. It's true the DoF would be different using the same focal length but the framing would be completely different giving a completely different image on a crop compared to full frame. If you increased the focal length on full frame to give a comparable framed image the DoF would be shallower on full frame.

If you compared the same framing full frame gives a shallower DoF. The two images below are the same framing taken with 200mm f5.6 on crop and 300mm f5.6 on full frame.

DSC_9172 by -Rob - Nikon-

D71_8462 by -Rob - Nikon-

I keep meaning to repeat this using different apertures but getting a squirrel to stay still long enough is difficult ;) (sorry they are not D750 images, I tried this a few years ago)

I am sure the local 'bear works' shop could help with something furry that would stay still!!

Love the Milky Way shot!

Amazing that you managed to capture a whole galaxy in there too - makes you realise how small and insignificant we are.
Agreed, would be even better if he also got a dairy milk and a snickers :coat::tumbleweed:

Agreed, would be even better if he also got a dairy milk and a snickers :coat::tumbleweed:
There's always one [emoji13]
Me, I think that you done really well with iso 3200, I took a shot from a garden last week and also got that solar system.

Stupid Amazon... lets send an imported D500 with foreign manual only and no UK warranty info. Box also been opened before, camera used or at least handled. And yes it was Amazon and not a 3rd party fulfilled by amazon.

It's a sign of saying f**K you DX lol

Stupid Amazon... lets send an imported D500 with foreign manual only and no UK warranty info. Box also been opened before, camera used or at least handled. And yes it was Amazon and not a 3rd party fulfilled by amazon.

TBH I have never ever trust Amazon I don't use them as I have had bad experience in the past. and a few member of family to..

So I guess that made you stick to D750 then

Know what I would do.. Tell them about it and then give it a good try today and send it back later???? that way you will know if it good enough without getting another first?

I believe Amazon UK do get EU models, which I believe are covered under UK warranty,...... for now. (Might be worth double checking with Nikon). Not on that it's open box though. I'd return it and ask for another brand new sealed UK model.

I believe Amazon UK do get EU models, which I believe are covered under UK warranty,...... for now. (Might be worth double checking with Nikon). Not on that it's open box though. I'd return it and ask for another brand new sealed UK model.
But he been put off and now sticking to FX lol

Love the Milky Way shot!

Amazing that you managed to capture a whole galaxy in there too - makes you realise how small and insignificant we are.

Thanks, a friend thinks it is Andromeda to the left!

There's always one [emoji13]
Me, I think that you done really well with iso 3200, I took a shot from a garden last week and also got that solar system.

Thanks, I had it at F/4 and ISO 3200 for 20 seconds. Next time, I think I might try F/2.8 and 1600

Its defiantly been used, or at least experimented with - the menu went straight in to the shooting menu - all been set up in manual mode. I'm sure some of the menus have also been changed!

My D750 is sitting there, looking at me.... like a smug little git.

Its defiantly been used, or at least experimented with - the menu went straight in to the shooting menu - all been set up in manual mode. I'm sure some of the menus have also been changed!

What you think of it then mate is it worth getting another or sticking to the lonely d750

If you go to Wilkinson cameras they will give you the £150.00 off, for the Nikon part-ex offer, even without sending them a camera. Camera then costs £1549.00, which is probably cheaper than Amazon themselves?

Linky >http://www.wilkinson.co.uk/checkout/cart/

ETA: Amazon are charging £1679.00 so a nice saving of £130 if bought at Wilkinson.

Last edited:
But he would need notify Amazon today that it a returned products surely?
I believe if bought direct from Amazon and not a shop, you can send it back after 6 months no questions asked. (now there`s a thought for testing it) ;)

What you think of it then mate is it worth getting another or sticking to the lonely d750

But he would need notify Amazon today that it a returned products surely?

You asked him what he thought of the camera, when probably he's only just opened the box, hence my reply to give him a chance!...And that was my reply to you.

He can notify Amazon later on or when he gets a chance, as we know Amazon have a excellent returns policy.

You asked him what he thought of the camera, when probably he's only just opened the box, hence my reply to give him a chance!...And that was my reply to you.

He can notify Amazon later on or when he gets a chance, as we know Amazon have a excellent returns policy.

Sorry I spoken

Anyway, here are a few photos of something that's probably been done to death!

The Kelpies by Justin Akehurst, on Flickr

2 things, its not your photos.
1, Them bloody high voltage cables, soo soo annoying to see them in any shot.
2,These Kelpies are done so much better at night but I do like them, 3rd from last looks good (maybe as there is no one in shot)

2,These Kelpies are done so much better at night but I do like them, 3rd from last looks good (maybe as there is no one in shot)

Cables are annoying and so are other tourist type people lol!

Yeah we were going to go back when they were lit up but ran out of time.

No not yet.

Just ordered a D750 so will be joining the club.
OMG another to join the madding crowd.....pmsl :eek::exit:

Heres that cat again.
Nikon 300mm and a 1.4 tc

Tigret 5 by Graham, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back