Nikon D750 & D780

I wasn't at all impressed with them, real won't give a **** attitude to be blunt, considering that there, at least from info on this forum, seems to be an inherent fault with the shutter on D750s and yet they deem charging nearly £200 per camera to fix it is acceptable I would have thought it was in their interests to be a little more 'customer friendly' but obviously not
I've had nothing but great experiences with Nikon Customer services tbh. The work they carried out on the other hand .......

I've had nothing but great experiences with Nikon Customer services tbh. The work they carried out on the other hand .......

That's what worries me, when it does come back to me will there be something wrong that was right before it went to them!

So the D750 thinks that when it's pointed down it's in portrait orientation? Gotta love Nikon quirks :LOL: Can't say I've ever had this happen though and I've shot at various angles. Going to have to get the lab coat on tomorrow ;)
No. It can't decide which way up it is and gets flustered. :D
I went bungee jumping once... so I can sympathise with the D750's dilemma!

Nice shot and a strange focus, is it something on the camera that does that ?
Not sure about that tree though.
Im in Norfolk in a weeks time.
He's used the Brenizer technique to get that effect. It's something that I normally like but it's introduced some kind of weird barrel distortion to the fence line in this.

He's used the Brenizer technique to get that effect. It's something that I normally like but it's introduced some kind of weird barrel distortion to the fence line in this.
Ah ok cheers for that.

Yeah think it was the distance I was at and how much I turned the camera and I haven't bothered to correct it yet because I'm lazy :)

So that 58mm i borrowed went back to Nikon and had been diagnosed with out of calibration CPU?

What on earth does that mean?!

So that 58mm i borrowed went back to Nikon and had been diagnosed with out of calibration CPU?

It's f***ed I think lol

I would imagine that the CPU is not calibrating the lens focus properly so it will be significantly front/back focussing from what it should be and it will be due to the CPU rather than a mechanical cause. In other words the lens is not relaying the correct info.

I would imagine that the CPU is not calibrating the lens focus properly so it will be significantly front/back focussing from what it should be and it will be due to the CPU rather than a mechanical cause. In other words the lens is not relaying the correct info.

That makes sense as it was very off!! It's under warranty so will see what happens.

So good being off work for the week; early morning walks are something that I just don't get time for mid-week. Reckon an hour earlier and the light would have been nice and soft, so a little hard but makes for a contrasty mono conversion that I like. Took the 70-200 for a change too..

33821092812_691be69dfd_b.jpg

33821092282_15bc60aa7b_b.jpg

33821092482_6e6469a496_b.jpg

33821092692_d5f3f4817f_b.jpg

So good being off work for the week; early morning walks are something that I just don't get time for mid-week. Reckon an hour earlier and the light would have been nice and soft, so a little hard but makes for a contrasty mono conversion that I like. Took the 70-200 for a change too..

How cruel to imprison your little un.
Nice set [emoji106]

These are awesome!

How cruel to imprison your little un.
Nice set [emoji106]

She needs to be caged up now that she can get around!

I love this one!

Thanks Paul. Nearly didn't post this one too, thought is was the weaker of them all.

These are awesome!

Cheers Tim. Kinda wonder what the light would have been like an hour earlier. Happy that it was just the two of us whilst finding the balance of looking after her and grabbing a few shots. Looking forward to the years before school, it's what I wanted the 70-200 for.

Not sure who it was who asked when bluebells would be out, but I'm starting to see pics of them appearing on the Derbyshire Photography FB page so I'm guessing they're out now (y)

Not sure who it was who asked when bluebells would be out, but I'm starting to see pics of them appearing on the Derbyshire Photography FB page so I'm guessing they're out now (y)
That was me... although I'll just have to go and look at that them rather than take pictures. :(

:( Don't you have any camera now?
Nope! All I've got is a 50mm and a 28-80mm, and a bunch of filters.

I'll be picking up a new camera in a couple of months, but a change in career path meant I had to make some small sacrifices for a month or two. Hopefully by the time I'm back in the game, the D760 will be on the horizon ;)

I think it was because the fence wasn't in the middle of the frame, so it's stretched it, LR merge won't keep it straight regardless of which option I choose. I could straighten it with some faffing about in Photoshop. But I think i'll just take it as a lesson learned for next time :)

Got my full refund back from Panamoz for my D500, now need to decide whether hold onto the cash and wait to see what the D820 has to offer, or give into GAS and maybe look at getting a 50mm f1.4, possibly the Sigma Art? I've kind of talked myself out of the D810 due to the frame rate, hence why I might wait to see what the D820 offers ;)

Got my full refund back from Panamoz for my D500, now need to decide whether hold onto the cash and wait to see what the D820 has to offer, or give into GAS and maybe look at getting a 50mm f1.4, possibly the Sigma Art? I've kind of talked myself out of the D810 due to the frame rate, hence why I might wait to see what the D820 offers ;)

I'm not going to tell you again about the 1.4g. Get the Art as YOU will not be happy with the Nikon lol

now need to decide whether hold onto the cash and wait to see what the D820 has to offer, or give into GAS and maybe look at getting a 50mm f1.4, possibly the Sigma Art?

Is it just me that only sees one option when that choice is offered? :thinking:

I'm not going to tell you again about the 1.4g. Get the Art as YOU will not be happy with the Nikon lol
It probably would be the Siggy iIF I get one, although when I tried the Nikon I didn't mind it tbh :p

Overall rendering was nicer so I can let sharpness slide a bit ;)

Never noticed myself when i tried both side by side, if anything i prefer the 1.8g. Maybe I'm just not as fussy! Lol

Plus the focus speed was just an added frustration!!

Last edited:
Never noticed myself when i tried both side by side, if anything i prefer the 1.8g. Maybe I'm just not as fussy! Lol

Plus the focus speed was just an added frustration!!
TBH until I've owned one (not saying that I will) I can't really say for sure whether I'd like it or not, but from the brief spell I had with it I did like the rendering. AF was only slow when subject distance was hugely different, once focussed on a subject subsequent focus on the subject was snappy. For me it's all about the f1.4 though whichever way I go, if at all ;)

Back