Nikon film camera query.

So I just got the F60 delivered and it has a heavy front focusing issue. Checking with the supplier if they can replace it with another similar body. Guess my film camera body experience has just started?

So I just got the F60 delivered and it has a heavy front focusing issue. Checking with the supplier if they can replace it with another similar body. Guess my film camera body experience has just started?

I'm intrigued to know how you tested it so quickly, or was that plain through the viewfinder? Is there doptre adjustment, and have you set it up for yourself?

I'm intrigued to know how you tested it so quickly, or was that plain through the viewfinder? Is there doptre adjustment, and have you set it up for yourself?
It’s plain through the viewfinder. Diopter adjustment makes it worse.

It’s either a wonky AF motor or mirror alignment issue. Tried with different lenses too.

I know I keep harping on about this and that, and I know that you want what you want, but if you want a Nikon SLR the manual focusing on the Nikon non AF SLR cameras is so easy, it's almost quicker than AF and sometimes quicker - and with these "older" cameras the more "advanced" they are the more likely you will have problems, once the "electrics" go they are "dead" - all mine need some form of light seal replacing, mirror/focusing screen needs cleaning and the shutter speeds need testing ........plus plus ........ every time I think about using them I'm just put off - so if I do take film, which is very rarely, I prefer the much simpler RF cameras

, but if you want a Nikon SLR the manual focusing on the Nikon non AF SLR cameras is so easy,
Yeah let’s see where I end up with this.

So I set the focus marker on the lens to infinity and it’s still blurred in the viewfinder. Infinity comes into focus at about the 7 to 10 feet marker.

Viewfinder or focusing screen issue?

Yeah let’s see where I end up with this.

So I set the focus marker on the lens to infinity and it’s still blurred in the viewfinder. Infinity comes into focus at about the 7 to 10 feet marker.

Viewfinder or focusing screen issue?

do you have a manual focus lens?

Back