Official Talk Leica thread

Man on Bicycle

M8

TP_man_on_Bicycle.jpg

50mm Chinese M Lens

Cheap - well by Leica standards
- say under £500 - f/2 and less non-Leica M lenses - has anyone tried these, especially the ones now coming out of China?

Hi, looking back to my MF days ... (M9 - Summicron 2/35 v4, f 2 ; crop) :

L1012651_DxO-L35s-2-c.jpg

One might call this a proper Medium Format camera. Others might say anything smaller than 6x9 is not. Actually, the first pics I took were with my sister's 6x9 BILORA.

In the austere 1950s, pics were only taken on important occasions: birthdays, Easter, Christmas. So, films lasted quite a long time ... ---

I still have the ROLLEI. It is a beautiful piece of machinery, however rarely used. Every now and then I think about buying a FUJI GFX, but remembering how little I used the ROLLEI and the FUJI 645, I stay with what we used to call Kleinbild (24x36mm) in Germany.

Last edited:
Used my M10 for an event for the first time last week. Shot the whole thing on it with a 35mm Summicron. The quality of the files are provable some of the best I have ever edited. I love the results from it. I am not sure I can bring myself to leave my AF safety net for weddings yet but if I could manage it, I would definitely go 100% Leica (although it's an expensive system).

Back