OK then, let's see YOUR infrared images please.

Sgwd Yr Eira on 4 waterfalls walk in Wales. The prettiest of them the 4 waterfalls I think (probably works better in conventional colour)
2024 July IR Various 1.JPG

Just below the main waterfall
2024 July IR Various 2.JPG

Church overlooking Ironbridge Gorge
2024 July IR Various 3.JPG

Random house in Ironbridge, because ivy looks great in IR.
2024 July IR Various 4.JPG

Love the shots round Iron bridge, but I have to agree the waterfall doesn't stand out well in monochrome IR.
Many of the false colour IR options should work well for it - shame it's so far from me, I'd love to give it a go, but Wales is at least 4 hours away, which doesn't leave much time for shooting...

Last edited:
Thanks. I think that the reflected light off the moss and algae on the waterfall washes out the contrast in IR a bit. For comparison, the rocks on the second picture look fine for a cloudy day.

The 4 waterfalls walk in Wales is lovely. If you ever go there, use the middle car park, try to do it on a week day when it is less busy and allow 4 hours if you are taking pictures.

The 3 castles of Gwent

Skenfrith Outside
2024 Aug Welsh Castles 3.JPG
Skenfrith inside
2024 Aug Welsh Castles 1.JPG
White Castle keep (this is a really good castle, the best of the 3)
2024 Aug Welsh Castles 6.JPG

Grossmont Castle
2024 Aug Welsh Castles 9.JPG
And a bonus castle- Penbridge
2024 Aug Welsh Castles 12.JPG
Sheep near Penbridge castle
2024 Aug Welsh Castles 10.JPG

Trip to Westonbirt Arboretum. Lots of shiny plants. Not sure the blue colour shift sky quite works on the first one.

You can add the Tokina 17-35 f/4 to the list of lenses which work in IR. Cheap full frame lens second hand.

2024 Sept Westonbirt 16.JPG2024 Sept Westonbirt 13.JPG2024 Sept Westonbirt 12.JPG

Back