Name
Geof
Edit My Images
Yes

part of a crane at a canal side...

cheers
geof

Last edited:
I like the shot but I think it would be a better candidate in bw.
and maybe crop in left & bottom.

Last edited:
I like it as it is but agree with the comment below about B&W

Bury Bolton Canal G?
Colour version for me ol pal, rust just dont look right in b/w!

Last edited:
Nice shot. i love old bits of machinery like that.

I would also like to see a B&W version. I think it would suit the age of the subject.

I'm also not too sure on the bottom left. I think it's just the little area of the ground in the corner standing out, being as there's no other similar plain area?
It's a nice image anyway and as a plus, one of those that has huge potential for buggering about with in a variety of ways to make a few very different 'looks': something you can get all arty with if that's your thing :)
I love the variety and levels of corrosion, different textures and tones on a range of shapes :)

Last edited:
and maybe crop in left & bottom.

have a go Andy...i did one and didnt quite like the result
cheers
geof

love all the shades of rust and texture of the old iron.

cheers Tony
i also prefer the colours...rust etc
i tried a b>w and it killed it a bit...but i am not so proficient yet on b>w
cheers
geof

Bury Bolton Canal G?
Colour version for me ol pal, rust just dont look right in b/w!

spot on Barry
i saw this on a walk where the two canals meet at different heights...all grown over now though
cheers
geof

Nice shot. i love old bits of machinery like that.

I would also like to see a B&W version. I think it would suit the age of the subject.

have a go if you like...i did one and didnt quite like the result...but will try again
cheers
geof

I'm also not too sure on the bottom left. I think it's just the little area of the ground in the corner standing out, being as there's no other similar plain area?
It's a nice image anyway and as a plus, one of those that has huge potential for buggering about with in a variety of ways to make a few very different 'looks': something you can get all arty with if that's your thing :)
I love the variety and levels of corrosion, different textures and tones on a range of shapes :)

thanks Mike
your comment about different ways has me thinking...and of course i chickened out on the b>w but i will do one for critique...as i know there are forumites here who can do it better and put it on the OP
cheers
geof

Too OTT?
A little cropping, upped the saturation a tad, then threw in a bit sharpening to bring out the texture.
MrToadGeof1.jpg

Geoff
I like the B&W version

Too OTT?
A little cropping, upped the saturation a tad, then threw in a bit sharpening to bring out the texture.
MrToadGeof1.jpg

good work, Mike!
thats what critique is all about...improvement
cheers
geof

Now dont get me wrong here, but rust is many, many shades of red! Not white or black or silver or grey.
Thats why I prefer the colour version. Nothing wrong with the mono ones, (perhaps a tad oversharpened G?)
Rust is red, red chaps!
Of course this is just my personal view!

Now dont get me wrong here, but rust is many, many shades of red! Not white or black or silver or grey.
Thats why I prefer the colour version. Nothing wrong with the mono ones, (perhaps a tad oversharpened G?)
Rust is red, red chaps!
Of course this is just my personal view!

(y) absolutely Barry...that is what appealled to me as i saw the subject...but on this forum you have to be able to produce a b>w or you get a telling off...:LOL:
the oversharpening was adding some texture...obviously i should have perhaps subtracted some..:bang:
cheers
geof

Back