Sanyo Eneloop XX test

Its also a big bugger as well (the travel plug). The plug itself is also big and ugly, so i just use a shaver adaptor, its a bit better but its still way to big IMO.

Just cut the EU plug off and fit a UK one? :shrug:

'Only' £50? I don't spend £50 on anything that I can buy for a fraction of that unless it offers significant advantages.

But it does offer a significant advantage. so your point is mute hehe.

If you can pay 200+ for a flash gun, 500+ on a DSLR and more for lenses then £50 for a decent charger that will actually save u money in wasting batteries in the long term?

Just cut the EU plug off and fit a UK one? :shrug:

Eh? :shrug:
41nmGwBLbDL._SX385_.jpg

But it does offer a significant advantage. so your point is mute

Please re-read what I said. I didn't say it didn't offer significant advantages.

I was querying your use of 'only' as if £50 wasn't much. How much I, or anyone, spends on kit has little bearing on what is value at £50. It's the savings that can be made on all purchases that pay for the expensive ones.

Oh, for goodness sake...

Tirpitz, in post #12, would seem to be not too far off the mark.

I use the BL700 from battery logic, had it a few years now, it does a very good job with my standard eneloops. Thanks for the useful info on the new eneloops - I'm looking to buy some more.

Please re-read what I said. I didn't say it didn't offer significant advantages.

I was querying your use of 'only' as if £50 wasn't much. How much I, or anyone, spends on kit has little bearing on what is value at £50. It's the savings that can be made on all purchases that pay for the expensive ones.

Oh, for goodness sake...

Tirpitz, in post #12, would seem to be not too far off the mark.
You can save a lot by using a decent charger.:bonk:

It does look like it. i cant see what type of plug/PSU it comes with though (ive not read all the reviews).
I'd happily pay that if it comes with a normal UK plug and not that large brick my one has.

One of the pics shows a UK plug, and spec confirms (y)

Assuming the response is to my enquiry...

You know which charger I'm using?

Again, you know which charger I'm using?

As it happens it's not 'old school', does deal with NimH correctly, and does charge each cell individually.

No it wasn't in reply to anyone in particular it was just offering up some general information on suitable chagrers for high capacity Nimh cells as i guess some people would still be using them without realising different battery chemical formulas require different charging algorithms. :)

luckily this thread has now provided lots of decent information on charging these modern cells :)

Technically, Break-in mode does not charge the batteries correctly. It deliberately overcharges the cells past delta-v cutoff and past the MH-9000's normal 1.5v safety cutoff's.

It does however show the maximum available capacity for the cells, although 2300-2400mAh will be more realistic for normal charge capacities. The method I use to test my AA's is by using standard Charge set to 500mAh, once complete allow batteries to cool for at least one hour, then standard Discharge at 500mAh.

Given a 500mA charge cycle, then a 500mA discharge... one hour rest... 500mA charge cycle.

4nW1gi5.jpg

v39iT3a.jpg

8onYD8r.jpg

AnWwS6L.jpg

Still above, or at rated capacity, and broadly similar results to the break in test.

uhh? fying lead LOL

Sorry I never replied.... was abroad.

I thought it had a normal domestic EU plug.... then a length of mains cable with a 2 pin connector to a separate "brick" type supply. They used to have.. and you used to be able to snip off the EU plug and fit a UK one. Now they've changed it, it's a self contained PSU/Plug.

Sorry I never replied.... was abroad.

I thought it had a normal domestic EU plug.... then a length of mains cable with a 2 pin connector to a separate "brick" type supply. They used to have.. and you used to be able to snip off the EU plug and fit a UK one. Now they've changed it, it's a self contained PSU/Plug.

Yes, that would have been much more preferable. I normally do that if i can.

Back