Sarah - Bit of a Mix

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Please let me have your comments - bad or otherwise.

Loved shooting this girl.

Sarah18-1.jpg

SB900 on D3 Full cut CTO - Two SB900's placed either side just behind the pillar about 7ft in height angled down - gelled blue. Flashes on TTL

Sarah9-1.jpg

SB900 shoot through FITP Umbrella box on full power camera left. SB900 camera right with snoot in an attempt to get more light on face/shoulder area think this was about 16th power.

Sarah1-1.jpg

Just one SB900 Camera right forget power, blurred reflection in window, some might see it as distracting but I quite like it.

Thanks for looking

she looks like a great model to shoot but not keen on the images here. I feel you were trying to get a very arty gritty style but something just doesn't look right and I am never keen on blue gels/light on skin.

i can she why you might like shooting her... :love:

for me i'd say the last one is the pick of the bunch.

she looks like a great model to shoot but not keen on the images here. I feel you were trying to get a very arty gritty style but something just doesn't look right and I am never keen on blue gels/light on skin.

Thanks for the feedback Tom always appreciated. Indeed was trying something a bit different especially with the gels.

i can she why you might like shooting her... :love:

for me i'd say the last one is the pick of the bunch.

The last one was my favourite from the shoot, caught her slightly off guard and I like the kind of lost look on her face pity it's not quite sharp :( .

Cheers

Paul

there is just something wrong with them. You have what us gamers call 'jaggies' on her right forearm in the 4th shot you have posted. In fact most of them have a few issues with the skin/background line, either that or she was absolutely freezing and its the goosebumps that are effecting it.

they look 'wrong' particularly the gritty BnW. Digital has 'issues' pulling it off :p

there is just something wrong with them. You have what us gamers call 'jaggies' on her right forearm in the 4th shot you have posted. In fact most of them have a few issues with the skin/background line, either that or she was absolutely freezing and its the goosebumps that are effecting it.

They look very over-sharpened to me.

That aside, I think the second post are much stronger images, for the posing and framing, particularly the colour shot.

Thanks for the comments guys, always welcome.

Think I need a bigger screen as editing on my laptop probably isn't helping.

I also wonder if photobucket messes about with images via compression or something similar. Anyway that doesn't detract from the fact there's "something wrong" with these.

Back to the drawing board pour moi :D

upload 800px longest side to photobucket then you shouldn't have any issues.

Back