Show us yer film shots then!

First and last are excellent, Andy, and personally I don't think they're cliched (and who gives a toss if it gives you and us pleasure!). Third not quite so succesful in terms of separation of the bridge from the hill behind. Very nice set, though technically you were on the street for at least one of them! :D

Avez-vous les gars anglais, le droit d'utiliser un mot de français 3 fois en 3 commentaires consécutifs?

According to Google Translate: il semble que ce soit un mot couramment utilisé en anglais. No idea if GT speaks truth, mind!

According to Google Translate: il semble que ce soit un mot couramment utilisé en anglais. No idea if GT speaks truth, mind!

T'is true that it is a word very much used in the English language, more so than in its country of origin as in 15 years of living here in France, I don't recall hearing any french person say "cliché"!

How strange is that!

T'is true that it is a word very much used in the English language, more so than in its country of origin as in 15 years of living here in France, I don't recall hearing any french person say "cliché"!

How strange is that!
I know, the use of French words when speaking English is so passé.

I know, the use of French words when speaking English is so passé.

Ah, that old chestnut. I knew I should have used a shibboleth instead.

OT, I'm always amused about the cor anglais versus the french horn thing. Steady on with the smirk there, Roberts!

I recall my old English master at school telling us about the schoolboy translation of a passage in French that should have been translated "the Englishman, with his usual sang froid" but which was translated perhaps more literally as "the Englishman with his usual bloody cold".

Last edited:
OT, I'm always amused about the cor anglais versus the french horn thing. Steady on with the smirk there, Roberts!

Crème Anglais or custard anyone?

Can anyone see my photo in the previous post? It's showing a broken link for me (although the picture appears if I try to edit the post). I noticed some other people's pictures doing the same in the New Old Photo thread when I went in to vote earlier too. Might just be my PC, I suppose.
The photo isn't showing for me either, but I can click through to flickr via the link.

what are you all giving me these red x's for

I can see Richards super tree hosted by photobucket but all the flickr links are busted

I ate flickr, mebbe I've blocked it subconsciously on purpose......duh

The whole site seems to be having issues with flickr, or flickr has changed something and it has broken the links on here.

The whole site seems to be having issues with flickr, or flickr has changed something and it has broken the links on here.
Not all of the it seems, for instance, some of the photos hosted on Flickr in this month's 'New Old Film Challenge' are still visible, including the one from FishyFish: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/new-old-film-challenge-98-–-‘summer-will-soon-be-here-’-–-entries-thread-poll-up.690364/

Haven't a clue what's causing it, as it doesn't seem to apply across the board.

Last edited:
Not all of the it seems, for instance, some of the photos hosted on Flickr in this month's 'New Old Film Challenge' are still visible, including the one from FishyFish: https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/new-old-film-challenge-98-–-‘summer-will-soon-be-here-’-–-entries-thread-poll-up.690364/

Haven't a clue what's causing it, as it doesn't seem to apply across the board.

All of the shots on that thread are visible to me except two: Ariel's and Nick's!

All of the shots on that thread are visible to me except two: Ariel's and Nick's!
Simon's wasn't showing earlier this evening for me, and I re-loaded the page a couple of times. However, it's showing now, but the two you mention aren't. I suspect it's probably a temporary glitch.

That’s weird, I can’t see yours or Simon’s.

Andy's 4 at the top of the page which I saw when they first went up aren't visible. I think all the others are at the moment.

All visible in Opera as well; but still not seen in Firefox which I normally use.

"Reload" is F5 to try again; even without the shift, that seemed to do the trick with the top four photos.

"Reload" is F5 to try again; even without the shift, that seemed to do the trick with the top four photos.

On pressing F5 Medwaygreen's pic flashes up then disappears again same when using arrows keys to go back and forth pages :rolleyes:

Back