The Amazing Sony A1/A7/A9/APS-C & Anything else welcome Mega Thread!

II might take a look at those then
I tested my Peargear against my Sony type A. On one test it had the Sony slightly faster and on the other test the Peargear slightly faster. My interpretation is they are on a par read and write with the Sony Type a. Shame they market the minimum write speed as their max is the same as all other type a.

£149 on Amazon for 260gb. 10% voucher £137.10, with £3 postage.

Benefit of buying through Amazon for returns etc. Dispatched direct from Peargear. No import etc. Estimates a 2 week deliver - but delivered in 7days.

Going on my hols on Saturday and will have this in the camera. Apparently they have been making type B’s for a while.

I tested my Peargear against my Sony type A. On one test it had the Sony slightly faster and on the other test the Peargear slightly faster. My interpretation is they are on a par read and write with the Sony Type a. Shame they market the minimum write speed as their max is the same as all other type a.

Benefit of buying through Amazon for returns etc. Dispatched direct from Peargear. No import etc. Estimates a 2 week deliver - but delivered in 7days.

Going on my hols on Saturday and will have this in the camera. Apparently they have been making type B’s for a while.
which body did you test with?

Cheers

I'm looking at the 520gb one. I got a 320GB with my A1 and that may do a full match and warm up etc but it will be tight. I like the idea of not having to change cards at the fuss that involves during a game. I would never have thought of looking at Amazon and it is slightly cheaper there and with that better customer service at least initially. I read and watched some of the Type B reviews and they seemed really positive. I'm going to get a 520 and sell a few of my 80GB

Couple more from the windy weekend.

Windsurfer
by Mike Pursey, on Flickr

Sailing

And one using the 100-400mm with my newly arrived 2x converter. I got it for a decent price from LCE so will hang on to it for a while and try it on either a 70-200mm MK II or the newer f/4 version where it gives one to one macro through the range .... then probably never use it again because it's too much faffing about :rolleyes:

Gatekeeper Butterfly

As it's very quiet.

I'm looking forward to getting my Voigtlander 35mm f2.5 color skopar back in I hope good condition. I've wanted to rebuy one of these ever since I sold the one I had and used on my Bessa R. I remembered it as being just about perfect apart from the lack of low light ability which really showed up with ISO 1,600 film. On trying the one I bought the very short focus ring movement struck me, I'll have to see how this affects use but I don't remember it being a problem at all. I do like small lenses and even with an adapter this is a small lens.

While I'm here. Picture taken with my A7 and Pergear 35mm f1.4 the last time I was out.

Mrs WW wanted and likes this picture. I think she's a bit far away to be recognised, but she likes it.

DSC02785.jpg

"Take my picture with the buildings in the background."

DSC02796.jpg

The changes in colour in the sea and the boats which seemed to be racing caught my eye.

DSC02805.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent shot, I was always under the impression red squirrels were normally only seen on the iow and Anglesey.
Thanks. They're in Cumbria, Northumberland and Scotland too, and maybe other places too.

Last edited:
@snerkler
Outstanding shots of the red squirrels, its difficult to pick a favorite but at least one of them should be printed off and hung on your wall

@snerkler
Outstanding shots of the red squirrels, its difficult to pick a favorite but at least one of them should be printed off and hung on your wall
Thanks very much :)

Not Sony.

I quite liked this picture and the article about it...

There's maybe more to a good picture than focus, composition and timing :D

I can't really see that it's out of focus and the most obvious issue to me is the cropping of the racquet and maybe the whole frame needed to be up a bit for less at the bottom and more at the top but the first time I saw it I did like it very much and I wouldn't change it :D

My wrist strap snapped today, the camera slipped from my hand and the strap snapped and it fell to the floor. Luckily I had a close up filter on the lens and that took the impact which is just a scratch in the paint.

I've never ever had a wrist strap snap before.

Last edited:
My Sony A7c has arrived along with 3 Sigma primes 24/35/90.

I’ve been trying to take some close up pics of 1/48 scale models and whilst I can get decent results they are a heavy crop. I don’t need a macro lens but want a lens that compliments my existing lenses so 135mm+ and has at least 0.4 x magnification. Happy for zoom or prime but would prefer a smaller lens.

Thanks for the recommendations!

PSil I also picked up a Godox 350 flash for onboard flash and the Godox transmitter to control my Smart flash 4 studio strobes.

Attachments

• 54AC0E99-E6B6-4ED4-8203-949EFC10CF94.jpeg
    54AC0E99-E6B6-4ED4-8203-949EFC10CF94.jpeg
    258.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 5822F07F-FF22-4283-8DFE-B4984516B763.jpeg
    5822F07F-FF22-4283-8DFE-B4984516B763.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I have a cheap set I've had for decades but there's also the Raynox ones.

My most used one is a No.4. You can stack them too.

If you go for something like this you should maybe go for ones to fit your largest diameter lens and buy step up rings for other lenses. My set is 67mm.

I have a cheap set I've had for decades but there's also the Raynox ones.

My most used one is a No.4. You can stack them too.

If you go for something like this you should maybe go for ones to fit your largest diameter lens and buy step up rings for other lenses. My set is 67mm.
I have the Raynox 250, works well but you have to use it in APS-C mode.

@mav Beautiful shots (y)

Reactions: mav
One from almost 2 months ago...... Before I start on and bore you with all the Cornwall photography.....

I wasn't overly keen on this for some reason - I just don't think it really stands out as a great image too much. But I've got the scans back now of the film I shot on the same night so thought I'd get them all together.

*** by Lee, on Flickr

One from almost 2 months ago...... Before I start on and bore you with all the Cornwall photography.....

I wasn't overly keen on this for some reason - I just don't think it really stands out as a great image too much. But I've got the scans back now of the film I shot on the same night so thought I'd get them all together.

*** by Lee, on Flickr
Works for me, nice to see an astro shot with some daylight (y)

*** by Lee, on Flickr

I'm probably not saying this in the right way, but I actually find that because it's daylight and you don't expect to see that in the sky, it kind of stands out more if you know what I mean? The subtleness of it makes you look closer to figure out what's going on!

Works for me, nice to see an astro shot with some daylight (y)

I'm probably not saying this in the right way, but I actually find that because it's daylight and you don't expect to see that in the sky, it kind of stands out more if you know what I mean? The subtleness of it makes you look closer to figure out what's going on!

This was around midnight. About a 50% moon in the west iirc

Thanks though. Nice to see others opinions.

Back