The new Pentax 17

...anyway she continued to use it just set for only point a shoot and ignored all the other controls/setups that you could use . :rolleyes:
I do that with all my digital cameras.

Having a digital camera and setting it manually seems to me to be rather like having a dog and barking yourself... ;)

Looks lovely - but £500

try one of these for £50+ or a Pentax MV or ME for the same

TP_PEN_EE_1.jpg

TP_PEN_EE.jpg

TP_MV_1.jpg

Had a quick run out with mine today. Didn't finish the film even though I took about 60 shots !

It doesn't feel as cheap as the compact digitals I've had at various price points. It's not premium. It's sort of mid range. Mostly decent with the odd thing you wonder why they did it a bit weirdly. Battery compartment looks a bit like a random add on but it's ok. Actual body and functions are just the right size for me to use.

Shutter is very quiet. It's certainly a big contrast to some of the SLRS I've had that make a loud KER THUNK each time.

I used the macro mode a lot so it will be interesting to see how everything turns out. Used the P mode exclusively as the Auto mode picks a hyperfocal point not the point you choose necessarily.

£500 is a bit spicey price wise but most things seem to be these days.

I'm beginning to wonder if I should examine some of my half frame negatives for quality to see if this could be a camera for me to use... Thanks to all for the reports so far. I'll be very interested in your results Suz.

In one small way half frame is the misers version of 645 MF…

I was also going to get them scanned at the top resolution so they were the same as the my usual 35mm in pixel size. Not sure whether that will end up more grainy or not.

In one small way half frame is the misers version of 645 MF…
Oddly enough, I was thinking that if I can get along with my ETRS (and I do) perhaps another miniature format wouldn't be too bad...

Back