The Royal Marsden want to use one of my images.

Name
Pete
Edit My Images
Yes
Some of you may remember that my son, Christian, was treated for cancer a couple of years ago. This time difficult time coincided with my trying to learn to be a better photographer. I offered my photos of Christian at the time to the Royal Marsden and they have chosen one for a new advertising campaign.

Thepark_95_Edit.jpg

Not the one I would have chosen but I am happy that they like it.

Christian is having his first day in Year 1 at school today and is recovering well.

DSC05091.jpg

He is looking a picture of health today Pete, a great tribute to the staff at the Royal Marsden [and to you and your wife], they deserve all the help they can get and if your picture can help towards that, all the better :clap:

btw, Christian is a carbon copy of big bro, though I doubt he will appreciate me pointing that out :LOL:

Thats brilliant Pete... combining the two loves of your life... photography & your family. Excellent!

Glad Christian is on the mend. (y)

Thanks for sharing this one with us, a lovely story.

I'm fortunate to get to work in Alder Hey, Manchester Childrens and Christies Hospitals up here and every time I go there I'm itching to take my camera because they are such inspirational places, they make the hairs on my neck stand up!

Glad to see Christian looking so well and let's hope he is enjoying his first day at school :)

As someone who's had my own battle with cancer it's great to see how well Christian is now doing. I love the photo the Marsden have chosen, I'm sure it will tug at a few heartstrings to help earn some much needed cash for more research :clap:

I hope Christian continues to do well and I can imagine how proud you must have been to see him at school. My own son started high school yesterday, something I feared I'd not live to see when I was diagnosed three years ago, so it was quite an emotional day, these events become so significant when you've been touched by serious illness :)

You should be so very proud.

The Marsden is a great place.

Christian ,i hope you have had a good day at school , and im glad you are doing well ..all the best to ya ,,,,,,,,,,and Pete either you have got to get over here with your bike ,,,,or i can get to you , i'm up for it ...Andy

Great news (y)

I used to process all the E6 for the Royal Marsden some 20+ years ago, it was the first lab I worked at.

What a super post, it makes my day when a post makes me happy for all the right reasons,

Pete,

Congratulations on having your shot used by the Marsden :clap:

I remember reading some of your posts regarding Christian, not long after I joined TP (and whilst lurking prior to that :LOL:). I am so pleased that things are going well for him and you & yours. (y)

Regards,

Alan

Back