Daily Timmy's 365 - Well that's that then.

Love the shell shot :) Lone survivor is a great shot - love the processing and the idea :)

The tree surgeon is a fantastic shot - all those bits of wood flying about the place!

The landscape shot is also great - good reflections of those tree trunks in the water, lovely lighting and nice composition (y)

Day 49 is really good, but I can't work out if you would be better with a darker BG to you - however, when you talk about the teleporter it all suddenly makes more sense to me, so will just say I love it! :)

Day 50 - i know you call it droplets, but it just reminds me of a kaleidoscope (might have spelt that wrong!!) Great focus, great colours - love it!! :)

Great detail on the snail and it works well in B&W:)

Lone Survivor is a fave for me - nice processing, great BG and lovely composition and focus (y)

Love the egg shot, glad you explained it as I was really puzzled! I might try that one day, but I must make sure I don't take the last one, the Mrs will go mental! Really like the Teleporter shot, maybe try it a different colour sometime or several colours at once? As For droplets! WOW! Superb details in them, absolutely love it. Great work :)

Both are fantastic but the matches win it for me!.... gorgeous processing!

Right, sorry all. Had another long break from posting. This time it wasn't really by choice. I was struck down by a nasty chest infection and spent much of the week in bed.

I did still crawl out of bed and managed to load my SD card with a shaky hand each day until the anti-biotics kicked in; it meant I was stuck in the house for most of the week and often had to find something to shoot quickly and just lying around the kitchen. Thank God for macro, that's all I can say...

053/365/2013 - Peking of Rock & Roll by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

054/365/2013 - Bottlescape by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

055/365/2013 - Squirrels by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

056/365/2013 - Sugar & Spice by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

057/365/2013 - The Hatchery by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi Tim,

As I said earlier, some excellent shots throughout your thread. I really like two shots which are kinda similar: the matches and the bottles. Also there's that landscape shot from Feb 17th - it's not Chellow Dene in Bradford is it? It certainly looks like it! I grew up in Bradford you see (in fact Chellow Dene is where I went 'swimming' after A level results!) I suppose it could one of the many reservoirs in the north of England.

I spotted that F1 Scalextric an 'all!!

Cheers

Sorry to hear about the chest infection Tim... I had a nasty ailment so I know it can be crippling..great shots though...the bottles stand out as do the squirrels...BUT I saw the chocolate and though he's playing the ladies card....and then saw the title. :LOL: (y)

So pleased you havent deserted us :D

I've seen some of these posted on Flickr :) The crocus triptych is lovely, I really have to ask ¿Why? re the scorpion in the ice pop. But it's the bottles that i like best - lovely lighting on them.

What is the organism please - it looks like part of a jelly fish or something.

The scorpion in the ice cube lolly thingy..... rather cool i like it!
chocolate has to be :love::love::love::love::love:
pepporcorns look so cool. i really need a macro it always amazes me just how much things look so different

To be honest they are all fantastic and most important glad you are still here posting! i always look forward to seeing what you produce! hope you are feeling better now:D

Some great photos in your catch-up, Tim, and I am glad you are feeling better! (y)

My favourites are the bottles, the squirrels, the scorpion and the peppercorns! :)

Also there's that landscape shot from Feb 17th - it's not Chellow Dene in Bradford is it? It certainly looks like it! I grew up in Bradford you see (in fact Chellow Dene is where I went 'swimming' after A level results!) I suppose it could one of the many reservoirs in the north of England.

Actually this was an afternoon stroll around Roundhay Park, which is just around the corner from me. Never heard of Chellow Dene, but I'll check it out; maybe avoid it round graduation time though eh? ;) Thanks for commenting!

Sorry to hear about the chest infection Tim... I had a nasty ailment so I know it can be crippling..great shots though...the bottles stand out as do the squirrels...BUT I saw the chocolate and though he's playing the ladies card....and then saw the title. :LOL: (y)

Thanks, yeah it did hit me like a sledge hammer. I know I'd been posting scorpions and such like, so figured the fairer sex needed a bit of eye candy :)

So pleased you havent deserted us :D

I've seen some of these posted on Flickr :) The crocus triptych is lovely, I really have to ask ¿Why? re the scorpion in the ice pop. But it's the bottles that i like best - lovely lighting on them.

What is the organism please - it looks like part of a jelly fish or something.

Thankyou! The scorpion is one I just had lying around (as you suggested), and the lolly is in fact a vodka lolly. If you are tempted you could always order one online, or maybe you'd prefer chocolate covered ant wafers:

http://www.edibleunique.com/

The organism... now that's a good one. That is in fact the tip of the rattle from an Arizona Rattlesnake. Again just something I had lying around ;)

Shots 53 to 57 work better for me than the final few! :) Nicely done!

Thanks Jake, glad you like them

To be honest they are all fantastic and most important glad you are still here posting! i always look forward to seeing what you produce! hope you are feeling better now:D

Thanks so much! Yes feeling much better now thanks. Still coughing but I'm over the worst.

Some really excellent shots, think my favourite is the scorpion lolly, the light, background and crispness of the light and focus is really spot on.

Thanks, yes it was a bit of a struggle to get it lit properly, but I got there in the end!

Some great photos in your catch-up, Tim, and I am glad you are feeling better! (y)

My favourites are the bottles, the squirrels, the scorpion and the peppercorns! :)

Thanks Sam!

Okey dokey, lets see how regularly I can keep these posts coming. Anyone recognise the quote?

063/265/2013 - A mighty flame followeth a tiny spark. by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

Out of interest, is it clear what this one is? I'm not trying to be abstract with this, just wasn't able to get much in the background to help the viewer recognise it, so hope it makes sense!

Last edited:
Now that's pretty cool Tim and i'm with Sarah a gas hob thingy!

Thanks guys, that's right it's just a shot from my hob (looks really filthy close up, but it's just pealing paint!). Just wan't sure if it was obvious or not.

It took me a minute, but I could see what it was! Really good photo and unusual as well! :)

Cool, from above it would look like a blue flower on black - wish I had gas, so I could try it :)

Another great one, I love the inner and outer rings of flame.......really well shot! :clap:

Wow, I've missed a SHED load of shots here!! Out of all of them I have to say I like the spark of the gas igniter the best. That's a really cool shot

brilliant shots Tim :)

Aww you missing me? That's so nice. I'm still lurking around, but have been so busy the past few weeks I've not had much time for forums I'm afraid.

I have been:

• Working hard, trying to catch up with stuff before I go on holiday
  • Going on holiday and taking loads of pictures
  • Processing said pictures
  • Trying to get to grips with Lightroom
  • More work
  • Sleeping etc.

I am now probably about 2 weeks behind on posting here, and I did manage to fall a few days behind with my processing. I'm pretty much up to date now (I think I've gt 3 days left to sort out) and will post my collection here shortly.

More importantly though I am about 2 weeks behind on everyone else's threads, so I'm going to spend some time now catching up and enjoying your work! Thanks for thinking of me, rest assured I'm still going strong ;)

Back