Trade in your old camera?

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
No
I`m looking in time to trade in my D3000, Maybe for the D90, or the D3100, I was hoping to find a deal which I can get money off for trading it in.

Does anyone know of any sites or places I can do this?

Or advice etc.

(y) Thanks :)

Probably get more money selling it here :)

That would be your best option - but the likes of DigitalDepot & MPBphotographic do trade/part ex....

I have just been reviewing the stuff on MPBphotographic, It seems like a good option but trying to sell it could be an even better one aswell I guess..

Prob better for a quick sale as so to speak but you wouldn't get as much as you would for a private sale......

Selling to a dealer can lose you a great deal of money.
I was at a local well-known camera outlet last week to pick up a wide angle lens and spotted a D3X with 17k actuations advertised for just under £4k.
Out of interest I asked what they would give me in a trade for my mint D3 with under 1k actuations and was told £1.5k - now obviously they make a profit, but the margin of loss against a private sale is just too large to contemplate unless you are desperate/flush with cash.

try your local camera shop, but be aware what they might offer you maybe way off the mark from what you can get for it if you sold it privatley.

I recently part exchanged my D90 for a D300 on MPBPhotographic and was happy with the finance side of it. Yeah you will get more for your camera if you sell it on eBay but their fees and extortionate these days, as are Paypal's, so it worked out to be a pretty decent deal with MPB. Very happy.

Hello guys...
I was trying to sell my Nikon D5000 and the search brought me here somehow.

Could you please advise what selling privatly means?

I tried selling it on gumtree but got huge scam offers with no serious offer.

If you can do with being without a camera for a short period, try the classifieds here.

Get shot of the D3000 and then wait for a D90. They are in the classifieds all the time. I saw one earlier in there with the 18-105 VR kit lens for £650. Pretty much unused.

Another option is the London Camera Exchange. They took my D40 and gave me a price towards a D90. They aren't just in London, but I don't know if they are in Manchester.

Good luck mate.

@ Haider. Forum Rules on selling say....

Current minimum membership criteria : 30 days membership and 100 posts

@ Haider. Forum Rules on selling say....

Current minimum membership criteria : 30 days membership and 100 posts

Thanks mate for telling.
I liked this forum so far, it is full of info.

Anyway I tried to get qoute from some websites but they all offer very low price.

I called Kingesly Photographic about it and they said that they don't buy it but they can sell it for me and take %30 comission!

Back