Two gigs on film

L

lauren_t

So in November last year I borrowed a Nikon F80 from college, bought two rolls of Ilford 3200 and went to a local gig with it along with my Canon 450D and I guess I thought I'd post the results here.
I am by no means an expert on film since I was only introduced to the format in September and these were only my second and third rolls of film ever so I'd really appreciate some critique on these. I do have a few more negs to print off but the darkroom confuses me sometimes, so I'll just update this thread when I've done them.
For the record I have no idea why these have a bluish tinge, I'm guessing its my scanner. I did try and correct it in PS but I just left it in the end so no editing apart from the text for my site.

The View

tumblr_ldw7ujecua1qcnem4.jpg

tumblr_ldw81jtGcm1qcnem4.jpg

tumblr_ldw80mNUfj1qcnem4.jpg

The Rifles

tumblr_ldw7w0A2QP1qcnem4.jpg

tumblr_ldw814oJCY1qcnem4.jpg

tumblr_ldw801l8hw1qcnem4.jpg

^ Would anyone care to help me as to why this one doesn't have as much depth as the others? I've tried printing this one out so many times. If it helps I believe it was printed on the enlarger at f/8 Grade 4 (Ilford) and at about 20 seconds.

Hi Lauren.

I think these are excellent for a nearly first attempt, the grain works very well on gig shots. Can't help with the last one sorry.

Andy

It could be glare from a stage light just out of frame knocking out the contrast perhaps. You could always try exposing the print for a little longer next time you try it, the blacks aren't as dark as the other images you posted.

The last one's actually my favourite, but the rest are nice too.

Back