weekly Wallyboys 52 for 2016, CELEBRATION ADDED

Thats not old I remember them well :p

Nice start Walter (y)

Now who remembers when these when out of circulation?

Good interpretation of the theme, but have to agree not that old as I can remember then vaguely and I am a spring chicken yet.

Well before my time ;)

Like the themed background you've chosen and the offset position of the note ; gives this a spontaneous and informal feel which works well. Keep up the good work.
Thanks was going to tinker with it, decided to keep it simple,
Before my time too... I agree with Jason, the composition of the shot and choice of background make it work well.
:clap:
cheers it was something I decided to do soon as I saw theme,

I like it - the creases and folds of the note add to the old feel
the only thing I did when put on book was to make sure it didn't curl.
Hi there ....super choice for the theme ....the depressing thing is that I do remember them ! Really nicely done with the background adding extra interest.
well as I say to my sons at least I have reached my age...lol

Thats not old I remember them well :p

Nice start Walter (y)
he...he.....I am only young honest.
Now who remembers when these when out of circulation?

Good interpretation of the theme, but have to agree not that old as I can remember then vaguely and I am a spring chicken yet.
well if it is not old in years, it is old money:)

Hi, was going to bring up the focus but I won't if thats what you intended.

the Bg is a little distracting would maybe crop in a little closer :thinking:

Hi, was going to bring up the focus but I won't if thats what you intended.

the Bg is a little distracting would maybe crop in a little closer :thinking:
Interesting point on crop, what i set out to do was make bg an integeral part of pic fitting in with theme, showing key words like sovereigns and victoria,
:)

Hi Walter - welcome, hope you enjoy the challenges and camaraderie of TP52. You're on the money with that one - great start ... and now for the real thing eh!

Hi Walter.
A steady (well unsteady if those 2 glasses are Vodka) start to your 52.
Only crit would be around the creases in the background, they do distract a little. But good start.

Cheers Walter and happy new year to you. (y)

Nice idea, but maybe ( apart from Tim's) I'd be inclined to take an inch or so off the top that'll focus your eye more on the flask, rather than it being incidental.
Just my opinion of course :)

The red makes a refreshing change from the usual plain backgrounds, quite a simple way to make a big impact.

Hi Walter.
A steady (well unsteady if those 2 glasses are Vodka) start to your 52.
Only crit would be around the creases in the background, they do distract a little. But good start.
Yes creases are distracting, will be looking to sort that out,
Sadly only lemonade in glasses,:)

Cheers Walter and happy new year to you. (y)

Nice idea, but maybe ( apart from Tim's) I'd be inclined to take an inch or so off the top that'll focus your eye more on the flask, rather than it being incidental.
Just my opinion of course :)
After looking again, it does seem to get lost a bit, remember for future takes:)

The red makes a refreshing change from the usual plain backgrounds, quite a simple way to make a big impact.
Thank you sir :)

Hi Walter - The first one for me too, A lovely bright image, I'm with Chris on taking some off the top and maybe a bit more added on the bottom to get the rest of the shadows in, as the shadows ground the objects really nicely, linking the props too, hoping one ios for me :D

I like the bold colour and simple set up of #1 Walter but both shots are well taken and themed. Shadows on the first are less pronounced (stark?) than in #2 so that kinda swayed my choice too. :clap:

Hi, a difficult subject product photography, I don't think either of them work compositionally.
Its all about learning though and if you want to do this type of photography there are plenty of examples about,
look at what you like and learn from them try and figure out what they have done

The first one is by far the better one as you have put some thought into it rather than just taken a pic of a tin

Some very good advice from Allan above. 52 challenge provides loads of opportunity to use/practise tabletop product photography so keep striving to improve and try new techniques.

Number 1 has the most going for it but needs something more in the way of background and props and overall finishing to bring it all together. As Allan says, check out examples and come back to this one as it's ripe for a re-shoot

Last edited:
Agree with the comments above about taking some off the top and adding it to the bottom, but nice photo - love the background :)

Hi, #1 for me, BG issues have been menthioned.

I like the red BG and well composed.

Cheers.
Thanks andy, also did a slightly different one with white cast BG:)

Hi Walter - The first one for me too, A lovely bright image, I'm with Chris on taking some off the top and maybe a bit more added on the bottom to get the rest of the shadows in, as the shadows ground the objects really nicely, linking the props too, hoping one ios for me :D
Agree a slight different position would make a better image,
I'll send you a cyber shot:)

I like the bold colour and simple set up of #1 Walter but both shots are well taken and themed. Shadows on the first are less pronounced (stark?) than in #2 so that kinda swayed my choice too. :clap:
I thought the red makes a more dynamic BG, so many variables to the metal theme:)

Hi, a difficult subject product photography, I don't think either of them work compositionally.
Its all about learning though and if you want to do this type of photography there are plenty of examples about,
look at what you like and learn from them try and figure out what they have done

The first one is by far the better one as you have put some thought into it rather than just taken a pic of a tin
What would you have done composition wise, :)

Some very good advice from Allan above. 52 challenge provides loads of opportunity to use/practise tabletop product photography so keep striving to improve and try new techniques.
Cheers it is a learning curve,, i'm here to learn:)
Number 1 has the most going for it but needs something more in the way of background and props and overall finishing to bring it all together. As Allan says, check out examples and come back to this one as it's ripe for a re-shoot
Something to think about:)
Agree with the comments above about taking some off the top and adding it to the bottom, but nice photo - love the background :)
Thanks points taken on board:)

I like both, but will buck the trend and say I prefer the second shot.

The colours are more pleasing to my eye but would say that I'd love to see the same with a contrasting background in orange or similar.

ps

I'd like the first much better with some whisky in there ;)

Last edited:
Hi there ...definitely #1 for me, I really like the red background it makes the shot very eye catching, agree about the comments on the crop, but I do like it a lot. Smashing little hip flask by the way :)
thanks, yet another hip flask they never seem to give something with it to fill it up,...:thinking:

yes I have taken comments on board, :)

I like both, but will buck the trend and say I prefer the second shot.

The colours are more pleasing to my eye but would say that I'd love to see the shame with a contrasting background in orange or similar.

ps

I'd like the first much better with some whisky in there ;)

with you on the BG with tin something to revisit, it was an experiment on light through window, the tin was taken at different angles, to check out how the light falls,

I understand the first could be a bit harsh on the eyes, he....he....it would have looked good with some old pultney in them;)

Wlater, nice shot with the hip flask, I do like you second picture of the cigarette paper box. The green really makes it stand out from the background. Good luck completing you 52

Hi Walter, The composition of the hip flask is great. I think the lighting may benefit from a tweak though. I'm a bit distracted by the shadow cast over the flask from the shot glasses. Other than that, a great start to the TP52 :)

Anything with alcohol in gets my vote :)

Like the composition and the red background suits it well - lighting is not my thing at all but the only minor crit is the shadows (not enough to make me enjoy the image any less :) )

Wlater, nice shot with the hip flask, I do like you second picture of the cigarette paper box. The green really makes it stand out from the background. Good luck completing you 52

Hi Walter, The composition of the hip flask is great. I think the lighting may benefit from a tweak though. I'm a bit distracted by the shadow cast over the flask from the shot glasses. Other than that, a great start to the TP52 :)

Thank you for your kind encouraging comments

Back