weekly Wallyboys 52 for 2016, CELEBRATION ADDED

Wouldn't that be "pregnant" rather than "captive" :D

Good sharpness, but maybe the lighting could do with some tweaking? And a differently coloured background?

Nice pictures Walter, all having clear links to the themes. I agree I like the red background for metal. I like the elephant picture, nice smooth background and sharp image!

Good luck finishing,
Oscar

Lovely subject for the theme, you have to admire the craftsmanship in that too (y)

(BTW I've added your image to the front page )

Last edited:
Hi Walter.

I like the OLD shot very much.....like the angled placement of the note.
METAL...First shot for me too, it's a really nifty flask. The BG creases are little distracting but it's a good start.
And CAPTIVE, what a fascinating figure! Is the little one completely enclosed by the first? Was it carved "in situ" as it were? I really like that.

Hello Walter, good idea for the theme. really like the carving

Last edited:
Wouldn't that be "pregnant" rather than "captive" :D

Good sharpness, but maybe the lighting could do with some tweaking? And a differently coloured background?
agree on BG, they can be a bit tricky, white does tend to reflect object,

Hi, I can only agree with the above comment sums it up for me
:)

Very different object generally but a nice interpretation - I like it
thanks jon:)

Hello and welcome to the 52 challenge, and some great takes on the first few themes.
thanks PBB:)

Nice pictures Walter, all having clear links to the themes. I agree I like the red background for metal. I like the elephant picture, nice smooth background and sharp image!

Good luck finishing,
Oscar
thanks Oscar appreciate comments:)

Hi Walter I like this one for the theme ....nicely processed with the colouring and a good clear shot.
cheers susie:)

Lovely subject for the theme, you have to admire the craftsmanship in that too (y)

(BTW I've added your image to the front page )
thanks chris, it is well crafted,:)

Hi Walter.

I like the OLD shot very much.....like the angled placement of the note.
METAL...First shot for me too, it's a really nifty flask. The BG creases are little distracting but it's a good start.
And CAPTIVE, what a fascinating figure! Is the little one completely enclosed by the first? Was it carved "in situ" as it were? I really like that.
thanks it was hand crafted in india,
apparently don't know how but it was crafted all in one:)

Hello Wlater, good idea for the theme. really like the carving
thanks PP:)

That's a wonderfully crafted ornament and a good take on the theme. Nice and sharp well lit image.
cheers steve:)

Hi Walter. What an amazing carving . Nicely themed - love the colour.

I like the colour and placement of the ten shilling note and of the two 'metal' shots I like the Rizal best. The elephant as others have said is a really interesting carving and a lovely photograph.
Liz

Hi Walter, those carvings are amazing aren't they. Such patience.

As for the picture it looks a little flat on my screen, perhaps a contrast boost? A contrasting background colour may also help this too as it all looks very peachy.

Hope you are enjoying your experience of the 52 so far :)

Hi Walter, those carvings are amazing aren't they. Such patience.

As for the picture it looks a little flat on my screen, perhaps a contrast boost? A contrasting background colour may also help this too as it all looks very peachy.

Hope you are enjoying your experience of the 52 so far :)
thanks,
yes you are right about BG something to keep my eye on,:)

He looks massive - it reminds me of the marshmallow man in Ghostbusters. Anyway, this is bright and fun so mission accomplished (unless you were going for 'dark and moody' in which case this is a dismal failure).

He looks massive - it reminds me of the marshmallow man in Ghostbusters. Anyway, this is bright and fun so mission accomplished (unless you were going for 'dark and moody' in which case this is a dismal failure).

Mario rules :) super eye catching colour against the bright blue, it looks great to me Walter.

It sure does pop! Good ol' Mario. :)

Miniature - wow Mario certainly stands out nicely from the blue background, good find for the theme.

Hi Walter, nice idea and bold colours

Thanks just wanted something colourful and fun, the BG is the lovely blue sky from yesterday,:)

That sure does pop. Great colours. Love the clean bright vibrant images you create.

Gaz

catching up with my comments

Old - I really like the note on the catalog spot on theme

Metal - I Like the flask and the tumblers best over the tin the shadows give more interest

Captive - I like the Elephant great take on the theme.

Minature - Wow that really pops although he does look very big.

Hey! Super Mario - I remember him well. Such vibrant colours - love it. :clap:

In the words of my 6 year old "Wow...this is the best thing EVER I've seen on any of your photo sites! Can I fave it?!" He said he loved the blue bg and I have to agree - the bright, clean colours definitely do justice to the hero that is Mario (y)

Bold and uncluttered composition works well. Super - eye catching for sure

Love the bold primary colours on this - the blue background works fantastically well and the whole thing makes me want to go and play Mario Kart...............

Really like it Walter - well done :)

I like all your shots, but would really like to know how you make that elephant. Work of art!

That sure does pop. Great colours. Love the clean bright vibrant images you create.

Gaz

Hi, Miniature really does pop. Nice clean BG.

Cheers.

catching up with my comments

Old - I really like the note on the catalog spot on theme

Metal - I Like the flask and the tumblers best over the tin the shadows give more interest

Captive - I like the Elephant great take on the theme.

Minature - Wow that really pops although he does look very big.

Hey! Super Mario - I remember him well. Such vibrant colours - love it. :clap:

Miniature - you had a blue sky like that yesterday? I'm very jealous! Lovely bright and colourful shot.

You most certainly succeeded too (y)
Thanks for the comments much appreciated,:)

Fab colours there Walter, my only crit would be to have him more to the right to give him a bit more space to look into as it feels a little cramped on the LHS. Top marks for interpretation though :clap::clap:

Back