Website feedback please

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
I have completely redesigned my website on zenfolio platform. I only need to create a logo.

www.longlensphotography.co.uk

I also registered another name: www.bristolphotos.co.uk
Which one do you think is better?

Please let me know what you like about the site and what needs changing. Would you have smaller images or watermarks if any on them instead due to web thieves? Are there any outstanding issues?

edit: Is using facebook for gauging more interest and sales leads a good idea?

I quite like the site, easy to get around.

Love the picture of the balloons over the bridge!
Hate the music, it just didn't sound right remixed with Airplanes by BOB and hayley williams!

I'd be tempted to have a look at some of the images in the slideshow,
The portrait of the brunette with the yellow background just doesnt seem that sharp, maybe the compression for web?

I'd say you have stronger images in your landscape gallery than the waterfall image.

Also the images that are in portrait orientation just leave the screen looking a mass of grey and the image small. Is the slideshow a fixed size or can you make it larger to fill the screen space?

Not sure what you can do with zenfolio but chase jarvis has a great slideshow although its flash based. Maybe worth a look.

Definitely prefer bristolphotos.co.uk

Shorter, easier to remember and less change of any fool spelling it wrong!
I think it sounds more professional too.

Not sure what else to say apart from you have some great images in your gallery (y)

Landscape pictures are mostly excellent - some of the people pics are not great though imo.

Took a while to load for me and I would possibly have got bored and given up.

Prices seem a little on the high side.

I thing bristolphotos is probably better too - other one is too long

Oh and music on websites is pretty much always a no-no for me

I'm with Grum, music on pages is a big, big no-no.

bristolphotos is much better imho, always good practice to keep URL's short and memorable, bristolphotos is onlt two words and dead easy to remember, longlensphotography is longer, easier to typo and harder to remember.

Love some of the shots of Clifton Suspension bridge - I'm moving up to Clifton (tomorrow, actually :s) and can't wait to have more opportunities to photography the area, it's just a beautiful part of the world :)

M

The music is not for me and the first thing I did was turn my sound down. Otherwise, it's looking good.

I like the site and the way it navigates but the music really put me off. I'm always listening to my own music when I'm on the computer, without fail, and music from a website really annoys me :LOL:

Back