Whoops! (Broken Tamron Lens)

Name
Daniel
Edit My Images
No

Whoops by Daniel Cadden Photo, on Flickr

This is a little frustrating. That's my Tamron 28-75 f2.8 which has been more-or-less permanently attached to my D200, used extensively as a walk about lens and also extensively in my product photography.

It was a jolly useful piece of kit. Fortunately, I already have a Nikon 24-70 f2.8 - the Tamron served as a spare. Shame to lose it tho.

I know exactly what a pain in the arse it is to break a lens you use frequently, how did it end up like that?

Looks like the cap edge is broken aswell. I guess it was dropped?

The cap-edge is undamaged.
Not entire sure how it happened, this is the result of me bumping the lens when the camera was tripod mounted. I suspect internally it must have already been broken as such a slight knock should not of damaged it.

Any idea where I could get this repaird in Manchester?

The cap-edge is undamaged.
Not entire sure how it happened, this is the result of me bumping the lens when the camera was tripod mounted. I suspect internally it must have already been broken as such a slight knock should not of damaged it.

Any idea where I could get this repaird in Manchester?

I don't want to sound like a doom monger but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the repair cost ran over the value of the lens. It's worth getting it inspected but repair costs for any lens seem to always run into the hundreds. Is it insured?

ooh. makes me flinch seeing stuff all bent up like that. incidentally how did the tamron compare with the nikon on iq and af speed at low light?

I've seen plenty more Nikon 24-70s that have broken like that, the beauty of the Tamron is that you can get several for the cost of one 24-70. The Tamron is cheaply made but the glass is great. I'm sure the cost to fix that would be more than the cost of a 2nd hand replacement.

Back