Why buy a Mac over a better spec PC? Advice on purchase needed

FFS Apple... what's wrong with RFCs 2045, 2046 & 2047 (i.e. the standard the rest of the world uses for mail attachments)?

Another annoying thing about Macs and my only gripe really, (I wouldn't use anything else apart from the sluggish PC I have to use at work that is) is iMail. It annoys me intently that I can't send photos as an attachment. It Imbeds the image into the email so that the recipient has to go into each image, right click on it to save it. If any other Mac users know a work-around it would be good to know?

Sent from my iPad using Talk Photography Forums

attach the image as normal and then right click on it and select: 'View As Icon'

BEFORE:

View attachment 15405

AFTER:
View attachment 15406

Last edited:
these are the options that stop you having to do it each time..

"windows friendly" and "end of message".

Screen+shot+2011-12-08+at+11.52.37+PM.png

pretty sure that still adds the file in as an actual image.. as far as i remember - the only way to insert it as an icon/attachment is how i posted.. ;) :)

I tried this once before but never really understood it. The image was still embedded in the email and didn't really work for me. Maybe it's a combination of the two options as detailed above. Thanks very much this feature has always annoyed me !

To be fair, Outlook is much better than Mail, mail is a good piece of software but the layout is just annoying and it's a bit dated. I tend to use different bits of software for different situations, plus I have a habit of buying everything on the app store, i.e. PS, Capture One, Aperture (which is soon to be redundant!), LR, then there's iWork, iLife, MSOffice 2011 etc, every program has its little perk although to be fair, I still love Office 2011. It just works, and if you have an SSD installed, you find that things just load instantly, it takes my 27'' around 7 seconds to start up from the button being pressed. One gripe with windows used to be the wait on Photoshop loading the plugins - on the iMac it's just....
Anyway, each OS has its perks, my home network still runs on a windows based server - my wife is a dentist and she uses windows because there aren't enough companies out there designing software for mac, especially for the digital xray machine etc!

Tee hee...

I've brought my Macbook travelling with me because I don't want to risk the Dell. When copying images across I pop the card in a reader, then just copy over the raw files to a dated folder. From there they get imported into lightroom. 2 steps, sure, but I KNOW they've been copied correctly.

I've brought my Macbook travelling with me because I don't want to risk the Dell. When copying images across I pop the card in a reader, then just copy over the raw files to a dated folder. From there they get imported into lightroom. 2 steps, sure, but I KNOW they've been copied correctly.
Yes that's what I do, physically copy them across then view them in lightroom
I'm paranoid that they wont import properly in lightroom irrational I know but I haven't had any mistakes yet

Back