Wireless trigger for Lencarta 200's

I know this is an old post. but recently bought 2 sets of the commlite G-430 to use with my M4/3 OMD EM-1. I get the same issues where if a picture isn't taken for about 30 secs I had the same phenomenon. after much frustration I assumed it went into standby.

has any one figured out a work around to prevent this from going tin standby. I assume a cable from positive to pin 4 to supply voltage should do at the expense of battery life. but which one is pin 4 and how much voltage, i.e. 3Volts?

The link to the discussion appears to have gone.

I didn't try my Ojecocos on my M4/3 cameras as the pinouts are the Nikon version. What does work as previously mentioned are the Yongnuo YN622C transceivers, I've yet to have a misfire with these using my Lumix GH3 and the Lencartas. I think trying to feed voltage to one of the Olympus pins woyld be impracticable and risky. The YN622Cs are ideal for me as I shoot both Canon and M4/3. The following were taken on my GH3 using the YN622Cs to fire the Lencartas.
AlexA4.jpg AlexA1.jpg

thanks Harvey, I have been looking at those Yongnuo. Do they work in TTL on your Lumix ? Does it allow you to use the on camera flash in TTL and the off camera in manual simultaneously.

I have managed to mod my Commlite ( Ojecoco) transmitter, so 3V is going to the ready pin, and appears to be dong the trick. Although I only use it with a PC sync cable. The plus side it let's me still use the on camera flash in TTL and off camera in manual, which did not work before due to the TTL pass through function. Well that you get for cheap triggers ☺

The YN622C triggers do not provide TTL on anything except a Canon, so manual only on a M4/3 camera. Normally off camera manual flashes will fire too early if using the on board camera flash in TTL because of the pre flash used to determine flash exposure, unless a slow shutter speed is appropriate and selected. Another possibility is to use remote TTL speedlights such as the Olympus 36R, Olympus 50R or for example certain M4/3 dedicated Metz flashguns, I use the Metz AF 48s which tend to be much cheaper secondhand than Olympus flashes. The OMD series and even the Pens have a command flash mode.

Back