Yongnuo or Canon Flashgun

Name
andy
Edit My Images
No
Hi guys
I have a canon 580ex ii flashgun which is amazing peice of kit, but need to free up some funds as im out of work at present, Got my 580 forsale on avforums, my question is how good are yongnuo flashguns compaired to the likes of my 580ex ii???

Any help would be apprieciated.

Thanks

I use 3x Yn560's.. bought on eBay with a UK seller who already had them imported and sold my 430ex to fund for them. Strong and easy!

I use 3x Yn560's.. bought on eBay with a UK seller who already had them imported and sold my 430ex to fund for them. Strong and easy!

Sam would you say there as good as your 430ex or better???
Andy

Andy77 said:
Sam would you say there as good as your 430ex or better???
Andy

Better in my eyes.. just easy to use and well built and thrid of the price

What do you use yours for?

Last edited:
I've just ordered 2x YN568s and they cost me only a little more than my 430EX II cost me.
As they are cheaper versions of the 580EX II (spec wise) I'm guessing it's a lot of flash for the money - as to whether they are any good, reviews suggest the are good for the cash.

I have a yn-468 ii ettl that I love, only guide #33 and likely some less, but all in all a very well made capable flash for $100 USD

Depends on budget like everything imho the nissin as recommended above is the best alternative bang for buck

YN565ex btw, has the flash catch light card that you're used to, and can be triggered as a slave
it also takes a battery pack and is ETTL
however, it can't he used as a wireless master
apart from that, great piece of kit I think price vs performance

The Nissin Di 866 mk 2 is a very good alternative.

lol, just popped back into the thread and realised I didn't mention a model!!

This is the ones I have (two of them) and they are very good, I will be upfront and admit I've not used the Canon ones to compare but there is plenty of info out there.

Also if you intend to get some remote triggers the YN-622Cs work very well with them.

I've got a 580EX II, a Nissin Di866 Mk2 and the wife has a Nissin Di866 Mk1 and the Nissin's are excellent. I got the 580EX II as a package deal with my 5D2 and it is excellent, but the Nissin's come close to it and at half the price they take some beating.

Back