Simon's 52 in 2024

Week 9 - Hidden

on holiday in Tenerife, and this weeks challenge completely slipped me by, so a bit of a rush job to catch up.

Normally you can see a brilliant sunset from our resort, but sadly for this shot the sun was hidden behind a cloudbank.

Untitled by Simon Hiscocks, on Flickr

Week 10 - Texture

Still in Tenerife, look at the texture on the inside of this banana plant that’s been chopped after fruiting

Untitled by Simon Hiscocks, on Flickr

Last edited:
Two nice shots Simon :)

Nice sunset and good detail on the banana plant. Brought back memories as many years ago on a working holiday I worked on a banana farm in Queensland.
When the banana bunch is growing they put a bin bag size bag around the bunch and some times carpet snakes or rats go inside the bag, after cutting the bunch off the tree when you carry the bunch(still with the bag on) you can feel the rat or snake move. Strict instructions from the farmer was to place the bunch down gently to prevent bruising the bananas, afraid there were a few bruised bananas from my time there. :)

Last edited:
Nice sunset and good detail on the banana plant. Brought back memories as many years ago on a working holiday I worked on a banana farm in Queensland.
When the banana bunch is growing they put a bin bag size bag around the bunch and some times carpet snakes or rats go inside the bag, after cutting the bunch off the tree when you carry the bunch(still with the bag on) you can feel the rat or snake move. Strict instructions from the farmer was to place the bunch down gently to prevent bruising the bananas, afraid there were a few bruised bananas from my time there. :)
:LOL: Never mind the workers, protect the bananas!

A couple of nice shots. The ray of light in Hidden looks as though a large UFO is about to emerge :LOL:

Wow, those growth ring are wild. Definitely textured, well spotted and shot.
Thanks - yes, it's a remarkable plant. 90% water - push the stem and it leaks!. Grows very quickly and surprisingly soft.

Week 11 - Personal

I like a nice watch. My wife bought me this one for our 25th anniversary 6 years ago, so it's pretty personal to me.
(Yes I know the date's wrong! It's very complicated to change it - currently looking for the manual! :LOL:)

DSCF9844 by Simon Hiscocks, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice looking watch and good focus on the face, with the pop and gold band could add vivid

Nice looking clock - and well shot :)

Nice Watch Simon, very sharps and colours pop.

I have an ecodrive which I have had for about 15years so they last well.

Pete

Nice Watch Simon, very sharps and colours pop.

I have an ecodrive which I have had for about 15years so they last well.

Pete
Cheers Pete - Yes they're nice - and no batteries to worry about! I've got two - this one and a more basic cheaper one I wear for everyday.

Week 12 - Shadow/Sihouette

Not much chance of any natural shadows round here this week with several days of rain forecast (nothing new there then...)
So a manufactured shot. A pot of Gerbera indoor flowers silhouetted against the sky through a window. I've deliberately kept exposure at a point where a touch of the flowers colour was evident.

Silhouette by Simon Hiscocks, on Flickr

Last edited:
Oooooh that fab! :)

Back