Simon's 52 in 2024

Nice - I came here to comment that I liked the fact it's not a completely black silhouette.

Think the colour does add a little something to it.
Thanks Kell. It was as I said intentional, but wasn’t sure how people would react, so please that it’s gone down well.

Week 13 - Unkempt

All feels a bit pointless and too much of an effort this week, but I'm sure Chris/Cobra would have wanted us to carry on

Some building work going on at the beachfront near Sully, but it's all a bit unkempt

Sully by Simon Hiscocks, on Flickr

Last edited:
Yes, agree with your sentiments Simon, it puts things into perspective.
Fits the theme though to be fair those bags are stacked quite tidily.

I too agree with you about posting and commenting, but we should carry on. This year's 52 will act as a kind of memorial, which I think is very fitting.

Anyways, spot on for this week's theme.

I too agree with you about posting and commenting, but we should carry on. This year's 52 will act as a kind of memorial, which I think is very fitting.

Anyways, spot on for this week's theme.
Thank you Bob!

Nicely on theme Simon.

It's taken me a while to get my head around it but we need to carry on and finish the 52 for Chris.

Yeah it's been an odd week but we do need to crack on. At least to finish this year.

Nice take on it Simon.

Unkempt but it looks like they're giving it a good kemping. Soon it'll be kemper, I'm sure.

Week 14 - Gobshot & Tech - Vivid

The Aberavon Whale

Well, how's about that then? We were on a day out at Aberavon earlier when I happened to check whether this week's theme had come out - and we'd just walked by this concrete whale just off the promenade.
Gobshot?
Well I rushed back and took a couple of snaps as it seemed to fit the theme perfectly - it's a big mouth for sure. And with a bit (ok a lot) of PP tweaking to boost colours and tone map, I think I've also nailed the "current "vivid" Tech.

I hope Chris would have approved!

Aberavon Whale by Simon Hiscocks, on Flickr

Aberavon Whale by Simon Hiscocks, on Flickr

Last edited:
Great shot. I guess that will be the most unusual take for this week. Let's see!!
Cheers Bob!
Given the creativity and theme interpretations of the good folks here, I wouldn’t count on it!

Oh yes that be a belter :)

Right place, right time eh? Good find, it made me smile.

Well that's just terrific Simon and well spotted. I like the second best as I think it emphasises the gob more.

Well that's just terrific Simon and well spotted. I like the second best as I think it emphasises the gob more.
Thanks Pete - yes I was torn about which one to use as the primary shot this week. I think you might be right....

What a find! I think I agree about the second pic, but I think it's because it's the cleaner side more than anything else (your chosen pic has a better angle for the tail too!)

What a find! I think I agree about the second pic, but I think it's because it's the cleaner side more than anything else (your chosen pic has a better angle for the tail too!)
Thank you Megan!

Unkempt: fits the bill nicely. Needs a bit of a tidy up.
Gob shot: that was downright lucky. Interesting thing to come across!

Week 15 - Snapper's Choice

This was taken on a walk around our Cosmeston country park (our local go to place for a country-ish wander). Off one of the many paths is a fallen tree which is a haven for many different small birds. I was hoping for a nuthatch but the only ones around and interested were blue tits and great tits. This great tit was quite happy taking peanuts out of my wife's hand whilst I was stood about 5 feet away. I'm especially please with this because it's a nice sharp photo (you might need to go to Flickr to see the best detail).

Great Tit by Simon Hiscocks, on Flickr

Lovely shots Simon :)

Back