A bit of fun - WORDLE. (NB, US spelling!) No spoilers please

3 days in, 5, 6, 3 for me so far. Yesterday's almost had me - 'pinky'

This morning's was a lot easier [not sure if everyone gets the same?]

What is your opening word guess? And how do you decide which word to try first?

Phew! I was getting worried...
Wordle 11Jan22.jpg

4 today.

Wordle 206 4/6

⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜
⬜

I just think of a random 5 letter word and hope for the best. Yesterday I got three right but it took me another 5 goes to crack it :eek:

That would be telling! I think the one I tried today is pretty good and has 2 or 3 of the most common letters in it.

More days, more tries - just to see if it IS that good!

Probably shouldn't mention wheeldle... Try not to fall in too far!!!

Fluked today's on the 2nd guess!

Sitting on 100% success from six days, my other guesses have all been on the 5th or 6th attempt.

Another four today.

American spelling caught me out!

I was lucky on my first guess [got 3 of the letters but not in the right spots] and got it in 3, otherwise I might have been stung here too

wordle.jpg

Last edited:
The hint certainly helped!
12Jan22-207.jpg

It was a choice between a.n.other US word, I got a lucky pick!

Last edited:
At least we now know that spellings will be American! TBH, I knew that it was an American site so should have twigged the spelling issue!!! :banghead:

Another 4 today but it was luck as I only had one letter after three guesses.

OH no, failed today :(

Never mind - it's not the hungry squid games!!!

OH no, failed today :(
Do we think it may be acceptable if, after the todays Wordle has ended we can post about the answers to the previous Worldle?

4 today but as others have said the Americanisation was less than helpful :thinking:

Do we think it may be acceptable if, after the todays Wordle has ended we can post about the answers to the previous Worldle?

I don't have a problem with that, as long as any answer isn't still "live" and any hints/tips are vague enough to not give it away. There's always the spoiler button if needed too (click the 3 dots and select the crossed out eye)!

That would be telling! I think the one I tried today is pretty good and has 2 or 3 of the most common letters in it.

More days, more tries - just to see if it IS that good!

Not as good today as it has been - just one yellow.

At least we now know that spellings will be American! TBH, I knew that it was an American site so should have twigged the spelling issue!!! :banghead:
Yep, that had me very confused today.. I should have guessed it was US spelling!

Thread title now edited to tell everyone about the spelling issue!

(See, @Tigger.ufo , I'm not ALL bad!!!)

Yep, that had me very confused today.. I should have guessed it was US spelling!
Ah that's why I didn't get it today. Well that's my excuse anyway.

Absoloute lucker on this one, after 2 guesses I had 3 letters and green on the last 2. Got it in 3, but ... it wracked my brain for a bit still trying to think of words that fit

Back