A bit of fun - WORDLE. (NB, US spelling!) No spoilers please

3 today my best so far, thing seem to be improving after my yesterday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nod
Tricky little rascal today, 5 for me ;)

3 for me today. 1G + 3Y, 2G + 2Y, 5G.

Another 3 for me. I've been lucky last few goes on my starting word, thinking a little more outside the box as you just know they're trying to trip you up :LOL: I had 3 letters first attempt, with 2 in the right spot, always makes it much easier but there's a lot of luck in that

I always use the same start word which contains the most often occurring letters. I'm stuffed if I get a total blank!!!

Might have a better start word - will give it a go tomorrow. Sod's Nod's Law means that the original start word will be tomorrow's solution...

I think they realise many people use that tactic and have been throwing curve balls. Today's was easy for me but only because of how random I was with my first guess, could've been the opposite

IF there are no hits with my start word, it makes the second guess pretty much a shoe-in for a couple of hits. It's the repeat letters and US spellings than can catch me out!!!

My first 4, just need a 1 and 2 to fill all slots :D

This one was tough, even after I had 3 letters after 2 gusses I was stumped for a bit, had to be one of 3 , got it wrong of course on 3rd so was down to 2 possibles

Last edited:
Do you 'lock in' the greens as you play, or spread the guesses? I think locking in is harder.
my first 5, after locking in the first three letters there were a lot of possibilities left.

Unusual one today, 4 for me ;)

Do you 'lock in' the greens as you play, or spread the guesses? I think locking in is harder.
my first 5, after locking in the first three letters there were a lot of possibilities left.
If I get a green or two, I tend to keep them in that position. I see little need to try a different slot, unless you are sure you have two of the same letter, like Abbey ;)

4 for me today - after the first 3 tries it was hard to find any word that fitted the two greens I had and didn’t use any of the already discontinued letters…….

Well I suppose it had to come after the highs of yesterday today was a fail.

That was close! 1Y, 3G, 3G, 3G, 3G, 5G.

How do you mean? Once you get a green it is pretty much locked in, to that spot. Or do you mean try possible seconds of the same letter? Really depends on what's already dead, the position of the letters, how lucky you feel ...

Phew! Six today, just! My first two guesses resulted in zero correct letters.

Amazingly, my fist 2! Been very fortunate with my first guesses last few rounds, had 2 green here and just a random guess on that

How do you mean?
You could try PEARL and get say the first three green. Second try could be PEACH, but then you only have 2 new letters. Another tactic would be to try something completely different, and strike off more letters. Preferably ones with more vowels or common letters, eg CHINK

Ah.
Hard Mode in the settings: Any revealed hints must be used in subsequent guesses

Last edited:
Another 3 today………..
My only tactic is to use a word with at least 2 vowels to start with - see how many are right and use that for the second guess. So today neither of the vowels in the first word were in the answer. So picked a second word with two different vowels which then started yielding results……..

2 for me today! 1G + 1Y on first try and a lucky guess sealed the deal.

A 5 today and I thought I was a goner, right head scratcher - for me at least

3 again today. 2Y, 1G + 1Y, 5G. As always, a certain amount of luck but with some head scratching as well!

4 for me, good one that :)

Needed all 6 today - but at least it confirmed something that I’d been wondering about the selection of words……. Won’t say what that is as it could be a bit of a spoiler…….

Needed all 6 today - but at least it confirmed something that I’d been wondering about the selection of words……. Won’t say what that is as it could be a bit of a spoiler…….
Hmmm, I'm intrigued Chris :cool:

Hmmm, I'm intrigued Chris :cool:
Will say it tomorrow so I don’t give anything away for today - but it’s not particularly earth shattering so don’t get your hopes up :D

Another 3 today, would have been a 2 if I had gone with my first thought! :banghead:

1Y + 1G, 4G, 5G

5 for me also. Unusual result I must say?

Back